Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Help installing HS on MSI mpg z390 gaming edge ac + i7-9700k + gtx970?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC
CPU
i7-9700k
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello to all! I recently built a pc mainly for gaming but I decided that I wanted to use it for more than just that, so I wanted to make it into a hackintosh running High Sierra (10.13.6) so I can use my GTX 970 with Nvidia’s web drivers. I realize that the components I chose are probably not the best for this but I’m hoping it can still be done. I’ve hackintoshed before but I did it simply by following a full guide for the exact same laptop as mine, but this time i’m on my own…and I kinda suck at it, but I’m persistent. Obviously I’m kinda a noob at this so I know I’m wrong somewhere, I just can’t figure out where.

This is what I’m dealing with:
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC
CPU: Intel i7-9700k
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 970
RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200mhz
PSU: EVGA BQ 600W 80+ Bronze
Storage:
Installing OSX on PNY CS900 120gb SSD
Windows installed on Samsung 970 Evo 500gb m.2 NVMe SSD (currently disconnected though)

I used Clover_v2.5k_r5070 to install the boot loader onto my High Sierra usb and I used the config file produced by it. I don’t know much about the settings to change on clover configurator, but I did find a similar machine on here:

And so I used the config file in their attached efi folder from there to guide myself a bit as to what I needed to add since the motherboard specs seem to be about the same, except for my wifi and bluetooth (and the fact that they’re running Mojave instead). I use some of the kexts and drivers from there as well, except for the wifi/bluetooth kexts since I’m not using a wifi card. Also, I leave my bios as uefi instead of disabling it like they did.

After messing around with the config file, clover stops here:
Mine.png

I’m not sure if I simply need to change a few settings in clover configurator or I’m way off on that and something else. Or maybe it’s my gtx 970 causing issues? I attached the EFI folder containing the stuff I'm using. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 669
Last edited:
This patch may help you :

This patch may help you :

That seemed to be all it needed. HS has been installed and is running smoothly so far. Thank you!

I just logged into to say thank you! This thread was a massive help in getting me back up and running with my Hackintosh after I replaced the motherboard with an MSI z390 Gaming Edge AC.

I am posting my steps here for anyone stumbling in here from Google as well:

1. Download J03Y's EFI file he posted to this thread (thanks again!)
2. Find a working apple machine with clover configurator --attach your hackingtosh SSD/HDD
3. In Clover Configurator load the EFI and replace clover and boot folders with J03Y's
4. Apply the patch/fix that P1LGR1M recommends above in this thread to your drives config file. (You are going to think you are applying the fix wrong, but you aren't, it is really that easy if you follow the pictures)
5. Reinstall your SSD/HDD back into your hackintosh. Turn on, and enjoy!!!

Thanks again!!!

Hi! I know this was a long time ago, but I desperately need help. I need a mac for school computer science, and the mac I have is too slow (and the school is not providing any, for they say I took the elective knowing I was ready for any challenges I faced). JO3Y, I have a MSI z390 Gaming Plus, and an NVIDIA 1050ti. I don't have integrated graphics though. I think your efi files would work for me, as I have the same problem. I know this is asking for a lot, but I would really appreciate it if you or troconnell could please attach your efi files with the patch. I have no idea how to attach the patch, and am a beginner to the world of tech in general:( Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back