Motherboard
Lenovo Y410p
CPU
i7-4700MQ / HM86
Graphics
GT 750M & HD 4600, 1600x900
[Solved] Installing El Capitan on Surface Pro 2

Hi All,

I'm trying to install El Capitan on my Surface Pro 2. I downloaded the latest (3346) Clover to my USB drive and put the kexts and drivers to 'kexts' and 'drivers64UEFI' folders as follows:

Code:
kexts/Other:
FakeSMC.kext (RehabMan's OS-X-FakeSMC-kozlek)
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
VoodooHDA.kext

Code:
drivers64UEFI:
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
PartitionDxe-64.efi

And I combined the default config.plist file with a modified one for Surface Pro 3 to come up with this one:View attachment config.plist which is lengthy and ... not working.

The problem is that whenever I try to boot with the El Capitan Installation Disk (generated by using createinstallmedia in the install El Capitan app), I get this screen:
Code:
OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for .IABootFiles\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
and then the tablet reboots without any notice. I have experienced similar issue with my other laptop when I set the wrong value for 'slide' in arguments. But for this one I tried values like 0, 10, 20, 50 and it made no difference.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Regards,

Last edited:

Thank you very much for your reply!

I found this post from your link and it helped me solve the problem.

I carefully compared my config.plist and the one you provided on github and made a few corrections to mine. Specifically the following few lines:
Code:
<key>Fixes</key>
<dict>
	<key>FixRegions_10000000</key>
	<false/>
	<key>NewWay_80000000</key>
	<true/>
</dict>
<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
<true/>
<key>AppleRTC</key>
<true/>
<key>KernelLapic</key>
<true/>
<key>KernelPm</key>
<true/>

Yes... That is the (only) Clover guide in the FAQ.

I carefully compared my config.plist and the one you provided on github and made a few corrections to mine. Specifically the following few lines:
Code:
<key>Fixes</key>
<dict>
	<false/>
	<true/>
</dict>
<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
<true/>
<key>AppleRTC</key>
<true/>
<key>KernelLapic</key>
<true/>
<key>KernelPm</key>
<true/>

You could also just follow the guide and use the config.plist as recommended...

Code:
<key>Fixes</key>
<dict>
    <false/>
    <true/>
</dict>
<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
<true/>
<key>AppleRTC</key>
<true/>
<key>KernelLapic</key>
<true/>
<key>KernelPm</key>
<true/>

kaneorotar,

I have Yosemite installed on my Surface Pro 2 (found multiple step by step guides online), and its working fine....but i dont have the slightest idea how to upgrade to El Capitain (since i dont have any of the required files, & sadly i dont know how to create them, tbh i dont have any coding background))

Would you mind to provide the files you created and used for your build? im not looking for a simple solution, but i truly cant find the time to research this (i dont want to give u excuses, but its the truth) and lastly do i simple follow the same technique used to dual boot Yosemite/Windows or is there changes to this guide aswell?

Thank you (regardless)

kaneorotar,

I have Yosemite installed on my Surface Pro 2 (found multiple step by step guides online), and its working fine....but i dont have the slightest idea how to upgrade to El Capitain (since i dont have any of the required files, & sadly i dont know how to create them, tbh i dont have any coding background))

Would you mind to provide the files you created and used for your build? im not looking for a simple solution, but i truly cant find the time to research this (i dont want to give u excuses, but its the truth) and lastly do i simple follow the same technique used to dual boot Yosemite/Windows or is there changes to this guide aswell?

Thank you (regardless)

Hope I'm not too late to answer your question.
Please read this thread: [HELP] Surface Pro 2 Instant Wake Issue
The files in my attachments should help you get El Capitan working on your SP2.

Good Luck

I need more help. Maybe I'm just challenged but the installation screen never gets to the restart portion. It errors out and tells me that it could not be installed right after "about 13 minutes remaining" again before reboot. weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back