Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
just built a hackintosh a few days ago and installed mavericks successfully everything was working fine besides the audio so i tried to install an audio driver from multi beast, i tried a lot of the options kept rebooting and nothing really went wrong and then i finally got the right driver and the audio was working perfectly until the next day while i was doing my school project:banghead:(worst luck...) i think it was after i accidentally hit the restart button on the side panel which rebooted the computer, the audio stopped working again...
so, i decided to reinstall the driver and this time i think i accidentally pick the wrong one or something but i didn't really care and rebooted my computer, but this time it's just stuck on the apple logo screen and it won't boot up.:beachball:
so i figure it might be the driver's problems and after hours of researching online i tried to delete the kext file from single user mode using different methods repeatedly, then i think i successfully delete the AppleHDA.kext file but the HDAEnabler1.kext no matter how hard i try to delete it with different methods it just stays there:crazy:, so please, if anyone can make the slightest help on what i should do it would be greatly appreciated :D

*UPDATE*

strangely enough after (i think) uninstalling both audio drivers the system still don't seem to boot up... now i'm completely messed up:crazy:... ask me for any need information if you would like to help me figure out whats the problem....

In the absence of any system specifications here's what I would do:

Boot with your unibeast drive using the "– x" flag. That should at least get you into your Macintosh desktop, then you could manually delete the kext files. reboot using the same method and then run multibeast again. I may be oversimplifying things for you but I think that should work. I would also repair your permissions after doing all of this. Either that or you can just do another OSX install over top of your existing one and your apps should stay in place. Make sure you follow the correct guide! :)

Good luck!

In the absence of any system specifications here's what I would do:

Boot with your unibeast drive using the "– x" flag. That should at least get you into your Macintosh desktop, then you could manually delete the kext files. reboot using the same method and then run multibeast again. I may be oversimplifying things for you but I think that should work. I would also repair your permissions after doing all of this. Either that or you can just do another OSX install over top of your existing one and your apps should stay in place. Make sure you follow the correct guide! :)

Good luck!

thanks, here are my specs: "CPU: core i5 4670k / MB: ga-z87-wifi(m-itx) / GPU: msi tf gtx 760" if further more to this computer ask me in the comments, i'll try create a uni-beast drive again to try your method (its fine, your not oversimplifying, i've spend enough time on this to know what you are talking about), since i already using that USB for other purposes. But i'm not quite sure about what you mean by doing another OSX install over top of your existing one, would the old one just still be there forever, or what?
PS: before the boot up was "normally stuck" with the apple logo and the spinning wheel just there forever, but after some foolishly following different guides, its first starts with a progress bar then to the spinning wheel and after a while it just shuts down...i don't know, i just thought this information might help you sort some stuff out.

Since there seem to be no one that knows what to do i and i tried every method i could, but it still doesn't seem to work, i decide to just reinstall osx... so, yeah...

How did your reinstall go? With the price of USB 8gb sticks being dirt cheap I would highly recommend you dedicate a UNIBeast USB stick and keep it labeled as such. Good insurance for when you're just starting out and experimenting with various kexts and setups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back