Contribute
Register

[HELP] Installation successful but newbie mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS H61M-A/BR
CPU
E3-1280v2
Graphics
RX 570
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi people!
I successfully upgrade my system from High Sierra 10.13.6 to Catalina 10.15.1.
I did put the newest kexts on the /other (lilu, fakesmc, whatevergreen) folder before installing clover 5098.
I did upgraded with the Install macOS Catalina.app from the appstore and after a few reboots update went smoothly.

But I couldn't get to the login screen, on the last moments my screen flashed with some pink lines and then I was getting granted with a black screen. Impatiently, I tried changing my smbios product name INSIDE CLOVER BOOT OPTIONS from iMac14,2 to MacPro6,1 and it, shockingly worked!

I mean, I knew that I would need to change it someday, but now that my system is booted and running, how do I persist those changes that were made in the clover boot screen?
Like, even my SERIAL NUMBER changed, but my iMessage and handoff features are still working after I re-entered my password and checked the warranty coverage to see if this serial was unused before.

tl;dr.

Changed my product name in the clover boot screen and my system booted with new Serial number/Board number/SmUUID etc. How do I keep it persistent now?

Thanks you are the best :)

Get Clover Configurator app., then mount your drive's EFI through Clover Configurator. Then find config.plist in mounted EFI and open with Clover Configurator. Then go to smbios tab and make changes. The fact that you have kept imessage, may go away when you get your new smbios, I don't use it, so I don't know. When you've made changes you close Clover Configurator and accept changes. That's all you asked for and Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back