Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z-170 P
CPU
Intel i5-6600K
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Hello,

I'm a noob at this hackintosh stuff and I can't figure out why my system doesn't boot correctly from the usb stick, it can only boot in safe mode.

I followed this video:

and I got to the point where I can boot up into the menu of the Clover bootloader, but when I tried to boot from the usb stick, it gives me a system uptime in nanoseconds error. I tried again in safe mode and it worked, and I installed El Capitan on my WD 1TB HDD, but safe mode doesn't allow you to mount the EFI, so I can't proceed with the post installation part of the guide. I looked at some other guides and changed my BIOS settings, but nothing has worked so far. Can someone please help.

My specs are:
Processor: Intel i5-6600K
Motherboard: ASUS Z-170 P
GPU: GTX 750 Ti
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)

You created UniBeast with a UEFI boot loader, correct?
You turned off CSM, right?
You selected UEFI-USB, right?

Turning off CSM should only display UEFI (USB) as a boot selection.

I got to the point where I can boot up into the menu of the Clover bootloader, but when I tried to boot from the usb stick ...

? In the Clover menu you shouldn't be able to see the Clover USB stick as a boot device.

If you can boot up to the point where the Clover disks are displayed, then use the arrow keys to select the HFS drive. If that doesn't work then try the Recovery drive.

[edit] Ah, now I see (after watching the video)...

First question: Is this the only disk drive in the PC?
Second question: Is this a brand new disk drive, or has it been already formatted with another OS?
Third question: Did you set in the BIOS - UEFI only?
Fourth question: Did you try all the other USB ports, one at a time?
Fifth question: Was UniBeast created on a brand new USB 2.0 stick?
Sixth question? - Have you updated the BIOS with the latest release?

Just for the heck of it, if CSM is turned off, turn it on and try again.

Last edited:
1: This is the only HDD in the PC
2: The drive is brand new
3: I don't know how to do that. In the boot menu it recognizes my usb stick as a UEFI bootloader.
4: Yes I did and it did not work.
5: Yes, it is a brand new usb 2.0 stick
6: I just updated it with no luck

The error message I get in verbose mode is something about the architecture cannot be recognized.

Hey AshGoku - I have the EXACT same issue. I have managed to install El Capitan (using safe mode) onto a Samsung 500GB SSD. But now I too am trying to sort out how I can get the rest of the drivers installed so it'll be a working machine.

So I'll be very stoked if you find a solution to where you're at.

Cheers.
-eric

My BIOS settings:
• Optimized Defaults
• VT-d disabled
• OS Type to Other OS
• IO SerialPort disabled
• XHCI Handoff to Enabled (this BTW made it possible to get the progress bar to go - before it would just hang as soon as the progress bar showed up)

PS Below are my specs:
• motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH ATX
• cpu - Core i7-6700K
• cpu cooler - Noctua NH-U12S 120x120x25
• video card - (currently running off of motherboard to rule out issues) otherwise it will be EVGA GTX 950
• memory - (only 32GB installed) Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (64GB)
• hard drive - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
• power supply - CORSAIR RM Series RM750 750W ATX12V v2.31
• display - LG LG34UC98W 34" 21:9 Curved IPS Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back