Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASROCK K4 Gaming
CPU
intel i5 6600k
Graphics
ASUS GTX 1060 6G
Hi,

I am following the installation guide for Mojave to install on my PC. But installation fails with a stop sign after the Apple logo and first progress bar. Config as follows.
MB: Asrock z170 Gaming K4
CPU: intel i5 6600k
GPU: Asus GTX 1060 6G
Memory: Team T-Force Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB)

I have searched similar builds in forum but haven't found solution yet. Please shoot me any ideas you have.

Thank you a lot!

Attachments

• IMG_0AB11F92B50C-1.jpeg
    IMG_0AB11F92B50C-1.jpeg
    642.4 KB · Views: 71
Hi,

I am following the installation guide for Mojave to install on my PC. But installation fails with a stop sign after the Apple logo and first progress bar. Config as follows.
MB: Asrock z170 Gaming K4
CPU: intel i5 6600k
GPU: Asus GTX 1060 6G
Memory: Team T-Force Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB)

I have searched similar builds in forum but haven't found solution yet. Please shoot me any ideas you have.

Thank you a lot!

Please boot in to verbose mode and take a picture of where it stops.

Please boot in to verbose mode and take a picture of where it stops.
Hi, check attached image.It stopped at 1st image then changed to a messed one in 2nd and stopped.

Attachments

• IMG_1654.JPG
    IMG_1654.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_4475.JPG
    IMG_4475.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 77
Hi, check attached image.It stopped at 1st image then changed to a messed one in 2nd and stopped.

I think the last line of the distorted image says "waiting for root device". Usually, the cause for that is a USB error. Please try plugging your USB installer in different USB ports.

I think the last line of the distorted image says "waiting for root device". Usually, the cause for that is a USB error. Please try plugging your USB installer in different USB ports.
Thank you. I am trying now. BTW, my usb drive is 3.0, will that be a problem? I have seen some threads in forum reporting issue with 3.0 usb drive.

Thank you. I am trying now. BTW, my usb drive is 3.0, will that be a problem? I have seen some threads in forum reporting issue with 3.0 usb drive.

Personally, I've never had a problem using USB 3.0 flash drives. You can try a USB 2 port to see if it helps.

I have tried every usb port, still stop at the prohibitory symbol after 1st progress bar finished.

I have tried every usb port, still stop at the prohibitory symbol after 1st progress bar finished.
Search for "still waiting for root device".

Still.png

check your bios settings ! > for ata settings. set boot loader to legacy with USB first boot. disable PCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back