Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170XP-SLI
CPU
I7 6700K
Graphics
Intel HD 530
Hello all, I recently completed my first hackintosh build. Everything appears to be working fine except iMessage. Not to sound like a d*ck but to save everyone time, yes I have followed pretty much every how to guide on the internet, both the "idiots guide" and the "How-to Fix iMessage" on here along with probably a dozen other guides. My build is listed below, any help would be greatly appreciated, let me know what other info you need.

Mobo - Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI
CPU - Core i7 6700k
Cooler - NZXT X52 Kraken
RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3000MHz
Hard Drive - Samsung 850 500GB SSD for OS
Hard Drive - A temp internal 500GB disk drive that is being used until I get a bigger storage drive
GPU - None yet but will be installing an EVGA 1060 6GB in then future
OS - High Sierra

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to sound like a jerk either but if its any consolation more often than it should when working on my MacBook Pro messages will not show up that come to my iPhone until a later log on if at all, from both iPhone and non iPhone sources, and sometimes they show up on the MBP before the iPhone by a significant amount of time. At times I can not send messages from my MBP even to known iPhone users. This inconsistent behavior has been consistent with the two carriers I have used, ATT and T-Mobile and at least three generations of iPhones including my current iPhone 7 and multiple iterations of OSX.

In Chameleon days it was easier to get iMessage working on a Hack but for me it behaved the same as on my genuine Apple machines.

The consistent intermediary is Apple, the company that still foists iTunes on its user base.

When it works iMessage on the desktop is very convenient and efficient--what's not to like? I assume others, possibly you, have had a more reliable OSX iMessage experience. I am just glad Apple has figured out a way to get iMessage to work reliably on the iPhone.

My experience is such that I see iMessage on a hackintosh as not worth obsessing over and all of us are getting scre*ed because vendors will not agree on a universal messaging or message forwarding system for iOS/Android/OSX/Windows---as if that would influence anyone's choice of anything.

Not to sound like a d*ck either but if its any consolation more often than it should when working on my MacBook Pro messages will not show up that come to my iPhone until a later log on if at all, from both iPhone and non iPhone sources, and sometimes they show up on the MBP before the iPhone by a significant amount of time. At times I can not send messages from my MBP even to known iPhone users. This inconsistent behavior has been consistent with the two carriers I have used, ATT and T-Mobile and at least three generations of iPhones including my current iPhone 7 and multiple iterations of OSX.

In Chameleon days it was easier to get iMessage working on a Hack but for me it behaved the same as on my genuine Apple machines.

The consistent intermediary is Apple, the company that still foists iTunes on its user base.

When it works iMessage on the desktop is very convenient and efficient--what's not to like? I assume others, possibly you, have had a more reliable OSX iMessage experience. I am just glad Apple has figured out a way to get iMessage to work reliably on the iPhone.

My experience is such that I see iMessage on a hackintosh as not worth obsessing over and all of us are getting scre*ed because vendors will not agree on a universal messaging or message forwarding system for iOS/Android/OSX/Windows---as if that would influence anyone's choice of anything.

I totally agree. Reaching out on here was my last step, if no one can help, I will just say f*ck it and give up on getting iMessage to work. More or less it's the frustration of having a pretty much flawless hackintosh with the exception of iMessage, everything else works perfect, iMessage just won't login. Being at 99% I was hoping to get that last little feature working, but it's looking like it's not even worth it.

ps the not to be a d*ck part was just to keep from getting responses like "try searching there are tons of threads" or "did you try the How-to guide". I wasn't trying to come across as agressive, just don't want to waste my time reading responses that recommend things I've already tried lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back