Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z490 Aorus Extreme
CPU
i9 10900k
Graphics
UHD630 & RTX3090
Good day! I ask for help in enabling the video ports of my hackintosh.

Cpu 10900K
MB Z490 Aorus Xtreme
BOOTLOADER OpenCore
Framebuffer 07009B3E
macOS Big Sur
iMac20,2

Can't get the HDMI and Type-C ports on my motherboard to work for image output. The image is but pixelated, buggy on two ports.
Without any framebuffer patches, the HDMI output is not initialized at all, i.e. the monitor does not receive any signals, but TYPE-C is working, then the image is also buggy.
IMG_1278.jpg

HDMI port with index 3 (con1)
Monitor get signal on BusID 04, but picture is stuck
I have tried other BusIDs
I tried to disable other non-HDMI connectors
None of this helped.
In Windows, all connectors work without problems.
Снимок экрана 2021-06-25 001839.png

I was able to boot the old, installed macOS BigSur with these settings. But "About This Mac" does not display information about the video adapter. There is also no information in the System Report.
Even with a successful boot of the old system, I still have difficulty displaying artifacts.

IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

I noticed such an oddity that after watching a 4k60fps video on YouTube, artifacts disappear, and then reappear.

Help me please!

Last edited:
Have you tried using the alternative framebuffer - <00009B3E> as recommended in the OC guide.

Have you tried using the alternative framebuffer - <00009B3E> as recommended in the OC guide.
Yes, I tried this framebuffer.
I have also tried all framebuffers for my graphics according to the WEG guide

Have you looked in your IOReg to see which connector the HDMI is connected to, same for the Thunderbolt Type-C port(s)?

You are injecting three connectors do you know which serves which physical connector?

I assume the RTX 3090 has been disabled and you are connecting your display to the HDMI port and one of the two Thunderbolt Type-C ports highlighted on the rear I/O plate shown below:

1000.png Rear I/O plate for Z490 Aorus Extreme motherboard

1. Have you ensured your Thunderbolt controller is setup to work correctly with macOS.
  2. Have you created and added an SSDT to your /OC/ACPI folder, specifically for the Thunderbolt ports?
  3. Did you follow a guide (on this site) when configuring the TB Type-C ports?

Have you looked in your IOReg to see which connector the HDMI is connected to, same for the Thunderbolt Type-C port(s)?

You are injecting three connectors do you know which serves which physical connector?

I assume the RTX 3090 has been disabled and you are connecting your display to the HDMI port and one of the two Thunderbolt Type-C ports highlighted on the rear I/O plate shown below:

View attachment 522812 Rear I/O plate for Z490 Aorus Extreme motherboard

1. Have you ensured your Thunderbolt controller is setup to work correctly with macOS.
  2. Have you created and added an SSDT to your /OC/ACPI folder, specifically for the Thunderbolt ports?
  3. Did you follow a guide (on this site) when configuring the TB Type-C ports?
Yes, I disabled the 3090 via ssdt. I am connecting the monitor to HDMI on the motherboard backplate. When you connect a display already on a running system to the type-c ports in ioreg, nothing changes, display-0 remains only on the hdmi port (index 03, busid 04). Today I tried to start mac and after 15 seconds of running it reboots. Kernel panic indicating virtualsmc and iopcifamily.

I basically only want to use hdmi. type-c disabled in BIOS.

Post a copy of your IOReg. Use the version attached in this guide not any other - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-make-a-copy-of-ioreg.58368/

The problem may be the connector settings you are adding to your OC config.plist.

You are adding 2 x DisplayPort - Con0 and Con2, and 1 x HDMI on Con1, as shown in the screenshot you provided in post #1:

Screenshot 2021-06-25 at 18.40.39.png
HDMI framebuffer-con1 highlighted.

This doesn't match with the Framebuffer settings provided by <07009B3E>. This CFL/CML Desktop Framebuffer provides the following setup:

Screenshot 2021-06-25 at 18.42.58.png
  • 3 x DisplayPort connectors
Without knowing which connector is your HDMI port, I can only assume that setting con1 as the HDMI port is not correct.

Hi there,

Regarding the Z490 Aorus Xtreme motherboard, you are welcome to check out my build, which I already have running fine on Big Sur with both i5 Comet Lake and i9 Rocket Lake CPUs. Hardware acceleration is not available yet on IGPU for RKL but the CML one is fine. > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-xtreme-core-i5-10400-nvidia-gtx-1060.310287/

I think judging from the overall issues I see you're having, it seems to stem from the CPUID1Data and device-id values you're using. The reason I think, is because you are using a Coffee Lake device-id in Big Sur instead of the proper one for CML i9.

In my i5-10500 system running up to 10.15.6, I'd spoofed Coffee Lake EB060900 for the CPUID1Data, and then removed it for 10.15.7 and Big Sur because the CPU is natively supported. However for the IGPU, I'd spoofed 0300923E for AAPL,ig-platform-id when running High Sierra and Mojave (with my GTX 1060), and changed it to 030098C8 when I went to Catalina & Big Sur because the IGPU wasn't fully working with under reported VRAM. That helped me resolve the issue and enabled the IGPU. For your i9-10900K, you'll need to use 030098C5.

See if that works, and have a look at my guide if you need any further help.

For my iMac 20,1 Hack I don't spoof any video device id, actually I keep my DevicepProperties section clean, since the CPU is properly recognized and HDMI and DP ports are also functioning correctly. I only added PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3) section, in order to get HDMI audio working.

Also, I suggest trying to test iMac20,1 SMBIOS instead of iMac20,2. Not need to change anything else in PlatformInfo section.
Why I make this suggestion? My laptops closely match MacBookPro11,4 specs, but are working correctly only with MacBookPro11,1 SMBIOS.

Hi there,

Regarding the Z490 Aorus Xtreme motherboard, you are welcome to check out my build, which I already have running fine on Big Sur with both i5 Comet Lake and i9 Rocket Lake CPUs. Hardware acceleration is not available yet on IGPU for RKL but the CML one is fine. > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-xtreme-core-i5-10400-nvidia-gtx-1060.310287/

I think judging from the overall issues I see you're having, it seems to stem from the CPUID1Data and device-id values you're using. The reason I think, is because you are using a Coffee Lake device-id in Big Sur instead of the proper one for CML i9.

In my i5-10500 system running up to 10.15.6, I'd spoofed Coffee Lake EB060900 for the CPUID1Data, and then removed it for 10.15.7 and Big Sur because the CPU is natively supported. However for the IGPU, I'd spoofed 0300923E for AAPL,ig-platform-id when running High Sierra and Mojave (with my GTX 1060), and changed it to 030098C8 when I went to Catalina & Big Sur because the IGPU wasn't fully working with under reported VRAM. That helped me resolve the issue and enabled the IGPU. For your i9-10900K, you'll need to use 030098C5.

See if that works, and have a look at my guide if you need any further help.
While looking for the problem, I found your assembly repeatedly. The fact is that I do not use any patches / injections of CPUID1Data and device-id for my devices.
Maybe I misunderstood you, but I cannot find the information in the WEG guide for framebuffer 030098C5, where did you find this framebuffer?
I will try this framebuffer and write down the results.
1624743247490.png

Last edited:
Post a copy of your IOReg. Use the version attached in this guide not any other - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-make-a-copy-of-ioreg.58368/

The problem may be the connector settings you are adding to your OC config.plist.

You are adding 2 x DisplayPort - Con0 and Con2, and 1 x HDMI on Con1, as shown in the screenshot you provided in post #1:

Screenshot 2021-06-25 at 18.40.39.png

HDMI framebuffer-con1 highlighted.

This doesn't match with the Framebuffer settings provided by <07009B3E>. This CFL/CML Desktop Framebuffer provides the following setup:

Screenshot 2021-06-25 at 18.42.58.png
  • 3 x DisplayPort connectors
Without knowing which connector is your HDMI port, I can only assume that setting con1 as the HDMI port is not correct.
Here is my ioreg.
Received after removing the section from device properties and connecting the display to the type -c port (since without the connector patch, the hdmi output does not work at all)
Снимок экрана 2021-06-27 в 01.42.18.png

Attachments

• ioreg.ioreg
    6 MB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back