Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> [HELP]Image artifacts over HDMI and Type-C(DP) Z490 Aorus Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Для моего iMac 20,1 Hack я не подделываю идентификатор видеоустройства, на самом деле я держу свой раздел DevicepProperties в чистоте, поскольку процессор правильно распознается, а порты HDMI и DP также работают правильно. Я добавил только секцию PciRoot (0x0) / Pci (0x1f, 0x3), чтобы заставить работать звук через HDMI.

Также предлагаю попробовать протестировать iMac20,1 SMBIOS вместо iMac20,2. Больше ничего менять в разделе PlatformInfo не нужно.
Почему я делаю это предложение? Мои ноутбуки полностью соответствуют характеристикам MacBookPro11,4, но корректно работают только с MacBookPro11,1 SMBIOS.
I tried changing the model to imac20,1 - it didn't help.
I also tried removing everything from deviceproperties - it didn't help.

I also noticed such a strange thing.
Intel power gadget does not display information about GPU power.
Also, the GPU frequency reaches (according to the gadget) 5.37GHZ

Снимок экрана 2021-06-27 в 01.51.28.png

Hi there,

Regarding the Z490 Aorus Xtreme motherboard, you are welcome to check out my build, which I already have running fine on Big Sur with both i5 Comet Lake and i9 Rocket Lake CPUs. Hardware acceleration is not available yet on IGPU for RKL but the CML one is fine. > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-xtreme-core-i5-10400-nvidia-gtx-1060.310287/

I think judging from the overall issues I see you're having, it seems to stem from the CPUID1Data and device-id values you're using. The reason I think, is because you are using a Coffee Lake device-id in Big Sur instead of the proper one for CML i9.

In my i5-10500 system running up to 10.15.6, I'd spoofed Coffee Lake EB060900 for the CPUID1Data, and then removed it for 10.15.7 and Big Sur because the CPU is natively supported. However for the IGPU, I'd spoofed 0300923E for AAPL,ig-platform-id when running High Sierra and Mojave (with my GTX 1060), and changed it to 030098C8 when I went to Catalina & Big Sur because the IGPU wasn't fully working with under reported VRAM. That helped me resolve the issue and enabled the IGPU. For your i9-10900K, you'll need to use 030098C5.

See if that works, and have a look at my guide if you need any further help.
With framebuffer 030098C5 the igpu not initialized.
There is no signal on all video outputs and there were no igpu lines in the download log

While looking for the problem, I found your assembly repeatedly. The fact is that I do not use any patches / injections of CPUID1Data and device-id for my devices.
Maybe I misunderstood you, but I cannot find the information in the WEG guide for framebuffer 030098C5, where did you find this framebuffer?
I will try this framebuffer and write down the results.
View attachment 522974
Right. That's where you misunderstand it's use.

The Comet Lake CPUID actually comes from the current available guides. Also comes from the GLView CPUID results. It's fine to not have Coffee Lake CPUID placed for a CFL CPU because it is supported natively by macOS since High Sierra. Unfortunately Comet Lake wasn't supported until Catalina 10.15.7. To run the older OSes we must use the CFL CPUID & GPU values.

The other issue I found is that Comet Lake from High Sierra to Catalina 10.15.6, actually performs better using the Coffee Lake CPUID and GPU setting. That's because it's chipset is based upon the CFL design, despite being overall identified as Skylake. However there is a caveat to this - the system is entirely affected by the CPUID you use. Because it is very specified and defined, you cannot simply just drag and drop any device-id. If you set it as CFL CPUID you must use a CFL GPU ID.

The reason I believe your screen is so glitchy is because you're using a CFL GPU ID which is incompatible with the Comet Lake CPUID. It must be a a CML GPU ID if you plan to use CML with Big Sur.

To issue of the framebuffer, that actually comes from the Intel specs sheet of your CPU.

It is the actual device id of the CML chip and is also what I use on my Z490 Aorus Xtreme i5-10500 initial build, which is fully working. But mine ends with 9BC8 because it is the i5 but method is the same. >

Screen Shot 2021-06-27 at 7.56.04 AM.png

The 03 connector used in the 03009BC5 is actually defined for when you want to use the Intel as a headless (computational) unit with the dGPU being the main output. 00 is failsafe, 01 is an empty framebuffer while 07 and 09 is reserved for some configurations.

With framebuffer 030098C5 the igpu not initialized.
There is no signal on all video outputs and there were no igpu lines in the download log
030098C5 is what I used with my build because I have a GTX1060 which I ran with Catalina (that's what I used).
There is no video signal because it would be in headless mode. However you change it to 000098C5 it should work for you.

One more thing. Ideally your AAPL,ig-platform-id and device-id should be written in reverse-byte-order like this (from the Intel spec reference sheet: 0000C598 & C5980000. Doing it this way has always worked for me.

I've just checked and re-read your first post. You mentioned about testing 'all of the HDMI output ports' on macOS and said they didn't work but was fine on Windows. I see you have a RTX3090 installed, were you referring to that also? In that case my advice to you would be: RTX3090 is not compatible with macOS at all because it is not supported. There are no Nvidia-released drivers for macOS since High Sierra 10.13.6 (only select native ones made by Apple for older Nvidia-fitted models) and none for the Ampere platform.

The best that you can do on Big Sur is to set the Intel IGPU as main (0000C598) and disable the Nvidia card, either with an SSDT or -wegnoegpu.

One more thing. Ideally your AAPL,ig-platform-id and device-id should be written in reverse-byte-order like this (from the Intel spec reference sheet: 0000C598 & C5980000. Doing it this way has always worked for me.
Middleman, I cannot understand.
0000C598 or 0000C59B (or 000098C5 or 00009BC5?) should I specify for AAPL, ig-platform-id?
Regarding the reverse-byte-order, if you flip 0000C598, you should get 98C50000. Or I misunderstood?

Last edited:
Middleman, I cannot understand.
0000C598 or 0000C59B (or 000098C5 or 00009BC5?) should I specify for AAPL, ig-platform-id?
Regarding the reverse-byte-order, if you flip 0000C598, you should get 98C50000. Or I misunderstood?

For your setup/CPU you should use 0000C59B for the AAPL,ig-platform-id and C59B0000 for the device-id. You are right about the way the reverse-byte-order should work ie. 98C50000, but that's not how macOS recognises the id. 0000C59B is what has worked for me on my setups 99% of the time. To enable Intel Quicksync you must have C59B0000 as the device-id (in addition to) the AAPL,ig-platform-id.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back