2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
MB = GB GA-H61N-USB3
RAM = 16 GBs Corsair XMS3 (only 8 GBs works, presently.)
CPU = i5-2500 (I thought I ordered 2500K.)
GPU = Zotac GT430 (cannot get it to work.)

Windows installs and works. Linux installs and works. Lion via UniBeast won't completely start. I know that OS X fails to work because I don't have working DVI-based video. Obviously, the i5-2500 only has HD2000. I thought I ordered the 2500K with HD3000 video, but by the time I realized the mistake the CPU had been installed. Can't really return it, and I'm not about to spend yet another $220.00. So, I'd like to see if I can use what I have.

I cannot get the Zotac card recognized, not even when starting up to configure the BIOS. VGA video works great. I've tried just about every Chimera option I can think of, but the GPU simply isn't "turning on." The BIOS is configured to use the PCI bus GPU if one is available. HPET has been set to 64-bit. Tried using the 480+2 MB frame buffer. But the Zotac just won't appear.

After loading Windows I tried to install the Zotac drivers, but when I ran the installer it said it could not find a card.

What do I need to do? Or do I have a defective board? These little boards are hard to find.

The second issue is RAM. Board works fine with 8 GBs installed in the frontmost slot. I have two 8 GB modules and both work in the frontmost slot. Neither work in the rear slot and the system won't even startup with both sticks installed.

I've spent more time and money on this little project than I would have liked. It's not really worth more money, so if there is something I can do to make it work as it should I would truly appreciate the help.

Happy New Year! :D

dddirtman said:
u might have a bad board.

I concur b/c it is not recognizing RAM or PCI slot.

jester969 said:
dddirtman said:
u might have a bad board.

I concur b/c it is not recognizing RAM or PCI slot.

I hoped that wouldn't be the case, although I suspected it.

I also have a board like yours that is new, and it doesn't work either. No memory is recognized so it won't even boot up.

Is GigaByte known for a high level of defective products?

Thanks for reinforcing my suspicions and have a Happy New Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back