Contribute
Register

[Help] iGPU/GPU preventing successful boot from clean install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Gaming M5
CPU
i5-6600
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Windows Phone
I’m going to preface this with that i still need help. I’ve only gotten lilu to work with my igpu and i need my dedicated gpu instead.

I recently attempted to install macOS Mojave on a free 1tb hard drive. I followed the instructions in the Mojave guide on this website and I get through the install from the USB just fine (I think.) After rebooting, I'm greeted with four options to boot:
"Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot,"
"Boot macOS Install Prebooter from Preboot,"
"Boot macOS from Mojave," and
"Boot Recovery from Recovery," "Mojave" being my volume name.

I booted into "macOS Install Prebooter" to continue installing mac and after it had restarted three or four times and completed, it will not let me boot from there giving me an "error loading kernel cache" error.

Booting from "Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot" gives me
"IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0, llk 1,
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0" and just hangs there.

Booting from "Boot macOS from Mojave" results in the same thing.
I haven't tried to boot into recovery but I assume it works just fine.

I've looked online and tried to figure out what my problem is, it seems to be my integrated graphics (intel HD 530) conflicting with my GTX 1050 Ti. I tried eliminating this conflict by removing my 1050 Ti and booting with my iGPU, the results are as follows;
Clover recognizes my 21:9 (2560x1080) monitor instead of stretching it (1920x1080) so that's cool.

Booting from "Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot" gives me
"AppleIntelLpss: :_serviceMatchingTimeSubr:fTimerServiceMatching timed out, fnotifications 0
AppleIntelLpss: :_serviceMatchingTimeSubr:fTimerServiceMatching timed out, fnotifications 0
IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0, llk 1,
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0," then my ethernet kext loads and hangs there afterwards.

Booting from "Boot macOS from Mojave" gives me
"IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0, llk 1,
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0" and hangs there. (this time my ethernet kext loads in before this but that doesn't matter.

Still can't boot from "macOS Install Prebooter" without my GPU but that makes sense.

Clover version is the latest as of typing this.
My Mojave install USB won't let my boot into my main macOS install giving the same error (10.13.2.)
Trying to boot from the main OS clover gives me busy timeout[x] (240s) AppleACPICPU

All of this is with "injectIntel" unticked, nv_disable=1 (or use VESA drivers, whatever you wanna call it) enabled, and booting verbose of course. I do have Lilu 1.2.3 installed in my /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other along with NVidiaGraphicsFixup (the latest one, I don't know the version.)

If I inject my nvidia card under graphics, I get an apple logo with no white in the loading bar (after the IOconsoleUsers stuff,) also no cursor and it still hangs.

the clover zip attached should be correct. just the clover folder and not the other efi folder.

Any help would be amazing, thank you.

Attachments

• clover.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Any help would be amazing, thank you.
Maybe you can boot with nv_disable=1 but don't expect your Pascal graphics to work until Nvidia release web drivers for Mojave.

Maybe you can boot with nv_disable=1 but don't expect your Pascal graphics to work until Nvidia release web drivers for Mojave.
I've tried to boot with that. I am able to boot without web drivers on High Sierra and Sierra (I mean, no graphics acceleration but it still at least works,) so I don't really see the difference. Either way I believe integrated graphics should get me past boot as well but it doesn't seem like things are working out.

same with me. I only use HD530 and got IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 although i put lilu and intelgraphicfixup

same with me. I only use HD530 and got IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 although i put lilu and intelgraphicfixup
I’ll try removing my gpu and replacing NvidiaGraphicsFixup with the intel one and get back to you if it works for me.

Edit: yeah i get the same results as you do.

Update. so it definitely helps to read the documentation, Lilu is disabled by default on mac os higher than 10.13 so type -lilubetaall which should load all of Lilu’s other extensions (which should be only IntelGraphicsFixup.) this totally worked for me and i got past the setup screen no problem. going to try with Nvidiagraphicsfixup in a minute.

Last edited by a moderator:
i didnt use any of that, i just injected intel and used 193B0005 as the ig-platform-id and get full acceleration in high sierra and mojave..... no added kexts or edits or anything, maybe it will help somebody else

edit: this is for igpu hd530 BTW

i didnt use any of that, i just injected intel and used 193B0005 as the ig-platform-id and get full acceleration in high sierra and mojave..... no added kexts or edits or anything, maybe it will help somebody else

Thanks for this information

Could you please share your config.plist

Hi friend I didn't use any injections or id platform id in clover .. but use lily kext with all best to sound get work.I didn't test graphics without lilu. because my audio will lose.View attachment 338652

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-07-02 at 12.54.40 AM.png
    Screenshot 2018-07-02 at 12.54.40 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 218
Hi friend I didn't use any injections or id platform id in clover .. but use lily kext with all best to sound get work.I didn't test graphics without lilu. because my audio will lose.View attachment 338652

Sorry, I used voodoo for sound so lilu wasn't needed, but I'm debating on switching over to toledo applealc.kext for sound

edit: can confirm with lilu.kext and blank ig-platform-id intel hd530 works as should

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back