Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Clevo 6-26-N14W3-B11
CPU
Intel i5-8520U
Graphics
Intel HD620
Hello, I'm running MacOS Sierra on a Clover laptop, and my build has been stable for ~2 years. But recently I've been getting frequent kernel panics that result in instant restart of the system.
I've included the most recent panic report along with problem reporting files.

I use a lot of USB peripherals and I suspect one of them may be the issue. But I'm having a lot of difficulty narrowing down which/why. Any and all help is much appreciated! Thank you!

Attachments

• Problem Reporting.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 118
Hello, I'm running MacOS Sierra on a Clover laptop, and my build has been stable for ~2 years. But recently I've been getting frequent kernel panics that result in instant restart of the system.
I've included the most recent panic report along with problem reporting files.

I use a lot of USB peripherals and I suspect one of them may be the issue. But I'm having a lot of difficulty narrowing down which/why. Any and all help is much appreciated! Thank you!

Thank you very much for your reply. Just hoping for some clarification.

When I did custom USB SSDT, I followed a different guide which involves creating an ACPI patch for the USBInjectall.kext that goes into EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
Maybe I messed that up.

This is what my port configuration looks like in Hackintool. It only has the ports used, not a total of 15 as mentioned in the guide you linked.
Is this the source of my issue? Should I export this configuration from Hackintool and replace my USBInjectall.kext with it?

Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 4.12.16 PM.png

Thanks again for your time and help.

Thank you very much for your reply. Just hoping for some clarification.

When I did custom USB SSDT, I followed a different guide which involves creating an ACPI patch for the USBInjectall.kext that goes into EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
Maybe I messed that up.

This is what my port configuration looks like in Hackintool. It only has the ports used, not a total of 15 as mentioned in the guide you linked.
Is this the source of my issue? Should I export this configuration from Hackintool and replace my USBInjectall.kext with it?

View attachment 479287

Thanks again for your time and help.
yes, you have the .aml but no USBInjectAll.kext in clover/kexts/other

as you appear to be missing FakeSMC.kext from your system

either have all your 3rd party kexts in /L/E or clover/kexts/other

Ok, thank you again.
I currently have FakeSMC.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other not in L/E

You're saying all 3rd party kexts should be in 1 folder or the other, if I understand correctly.

So if I move USBInjectAll.kext (with my config) to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other, it should help prevent the kernel panic?
Thanks so much again for your help and patience.

Ok, thank you again.
I currently have FakeSMC.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other not in L/E

You're saying all 3rd party kexts should be in 1 folder or the other, if I understand correctly.

So if I move USBInjectAll.kext (with my config) to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other, it should help prevent the kernel panic?
Thanks so much again for your help and patience.
the choice is really up to you

either:
have all 3rd party kexts in clover/kexts/other and no 3rd party kexts in /L/E

or

have basic essential kexts in clover/kexts/other and then have all 3rd party kexts in /L/E
making sure you install your kexts properly :)

Thanks again! I re-did the USB port configuration and relocated the proper kexts. Only time will tell if the issue is resolved, I really appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back