Asus Strix GTX 960 4GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi...

I install a asus strix gtx 960 4 gb, everything ok, but when i run mac (mavericks) , the system get stuck on the apple logo. in the past my mac ran with the integrated graphics processor (intel hd graphics 4600)
What can i do?

my system:

mobo: h97m d3h gigabyte
gpu : asus strix gtx 960 4gb
ram: 8 gb 1600mhz
cpu: intel i5 4460
psu: evga 600w bronze

Hi...

I install a asus strix gtx 960 4 gb, everything ok, but when i run mac (mavericks) , the system get stuck on the apple logo. in the past my mac ran with the integrated graphics processor (intel hd graphics 4600)
What can i do?

my system:

mobo: h97m d3h gigabyte
gpu : asus strix gtx 960 4gb
ram: 8 gb 1600mhz
cpu: intel i5 4460
psu: evga 600w bronze

Did you install the nVidia web drivers for your version of OS X for the GTX960? It will not work without them as there is no native support for the Maxwell GPUs in OS X. There might not be a driver for Mavericks - you might have to use Yosemite 10.10.5 or El Capitan 10.11.x.

hello,

how can i do it if i cant run the system? any idea?

hello,

how can i do it if i cant run the system? any idea?
Bit of a Catch-22 there as nVidia requires the GPU to be installed before you can download/install the driver and lack of a driver will not let the system boot

try boot with boot-args

-v nv_disable=1

and see if that gets you to desktop. If that does not work, set the CPU graphics to be primary, boot to desktop, download/install the driver, then reboot to BIOS/UEFI and reset the graphics back to the GPU as primary.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

How can i set the nvidia card as default graphics?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back