Contribute
Register

[HELP] I installed Clover to my MacBook Pro by mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
That does not work no keyboard shortcuts work at all, it only boots to that screen no apple logo, no loading sign at all, inserting a genuine mac install usb does not work, can't reset SMC, PRAM can't reinstall the os, can't boot in single user, can't boot in target disk mode, can't boot in recovery, can't get to boot options menu, reseting the main board (by unplugging the battery) does not work either. I think I broke the U.E.F.I. chip on the main board and may have to get the entire thing replaced..

Not sure what is going on, but certainly I'm not going to try to reproduce it...

I have actually used Clover on my MacBookAir6,2 from a USB (you can use Clover to boot with patched ACPI or other Clover tricks on an actual Apple product). But of course, I didn't install it to the SSD and I very carefully created the Clover config.plist (and other Clover setup/files).

Not sure what is going on, but certainly I'm not going to try to reproduce it...

I have actually used Clover on my MacBookAir6,2 from a USB (you can use Clover to boot with patched ACPI or other Clover tricks on an actual Apple product). But of course, I didn't install it to the SSD and I very carefully created the Clover config.plist (and other Clover setup/files).

I would add a link to a youtube that shows whats going on but it won't let me because it says its spam or something

Ok here it is.

unfortunately I don't have any of that stuff and I can't identify what chip the E.F.I. firmware is stored.
If you cannot do it yourself then the options would be to :
  1. Take it to Apple and have them repair it.
  2. Take it to a repair centre and have them repair it.
  3. Replace the logic board but it will still need to be programmed with your serial number etc.

If you cannot do it yourself then the options would be to :
  1. Take it to Apple and have them repair it.
  2. Take it to a repair centre and have them repair it.
  3. Replace the logic board but it will still need to be programmed with your serial number etc.

I have no warranty and I can't pay $680

Ok here it is.

If you installed something on the HDD (or SSD) you shouldn't have (that is the reported problem, right), why is it not possible to simply remove the HDD/SSD, connect it to a working computer, remove the offending files, then put the HDD/SSD back in the Mac.

[QUOTE="RehabMan, post: 1568009, member: 429483"(that is the reported problem, right), why is it not possible to simply remove the HDD/SSD, connect it to a working computer, remove the offending files, then put the HDD/SSD back in the Mac.[/QUOTE]

No I didn't. I booted to a drive with clover on it and thats why I can't. again it probably reprogrammed the chip on the main board. Plus when I take the drive out then start the mac I still get the some error, not even a blinking folder icon with a question mark.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back