Contribute
Register

help ! i have trying to install all versions of osx on my laptop with no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
sony vaio vpceh15fd h20 3.5 r0200z9
CPU
i5
Graphics
intel 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
IMG_20141207_094238.jpgIMG_20141207_110413.jpg

system specs:

Sony Vaio vpceh15fd Intel i5 2410M Sandybridge Socket 988B Rpga AT 2.30 Ghz 64bit
MMx,sse,sse2,see3,ssse3,sse4.1,sse4.2,em64t,vt-x,aes,avx
Insyde h20 r0200z9 ver 3.5
ddr3 6 bytes dual
intel hd graphics 3000 648 mhz
sata 750 gig hd- (set aside 200 gig un partioned primary for osx)
currently running windows 8.1

I am tired of windows period and wan to be running osx problem is this i have tried every boot disk every version , i have done the usb sticks and boot s off dvd roms- i have tried (-v) (and regular installs where everyone gets into the install process but mine just crashes i have uploaded some screenshots i know my system is more then capable of running osx. i need some help. i have looked into my bios and with the h20 it doesnt give me an option for ahci- but it does give me the option to boot off external drives and cdrom i can upload pics if needed. but if anyone has the solution for my headache it would be helpful.

Thread moved from Desktop Support

View attachment 117198View attachment 117199

system specs:

Sony Vaio vpceh15fd Intel i5 2410M Sandybridge Socket 988B Rpga AT 2.30 Ghz 64bit
MMx,sse,sse2,see3,ssse3,sse4.1,sse4.2,em64t,vt-x,aes,avx
Insyde h20 r0200z9 ver 3.5
ddr3 6 bytes dual
intel hd graphics 3000 648 mhz
sata 750 gig hd- (set aside 200 gig un partioned primary for osx)
currently running windows 8.1

I am tired of windows period and wan to be running osx problem is this i have tried every boot disk every version , i have done the usb sticks and boot s off dvd roms- i have tried (-v) (and regular installs where everyone gets into the install process but mine just crashes i have uploaded some screenshots i know my system is more then capable of running osx. i need some help. i have looked into my bios and with the h20 it doesnt give me an option for ahci- but it does give me the option to boot off external drives and cdrom i can upload pics if needed. but if anyone has the solution for my headache it would be helpful.

Read the sticky threads at the top of this forum.

I read the sticky notes. In some cases it sounds like I can do this if I had access to a Mac but I don't. And in other cases it's like everyone is saying I have to hack my bios or system . at the same time it sounds like you are telling me my hardware is not good enough. Am I getting the wrong impression or am I just completely confused and lost . it would be nice if there was a guide for my particular system like there is for the dell and leveno systems and hp

I read the sticky notes. In some cases it sounds like I can do this if I had access to a Mac but I don't. And in other cases it's like everyone is saying I have to hack my bios or system . at the same time it sounds like you are telling me my hardware is not good enough. Am I getting the wrong impression or am I just completely confused and lost . it would be nice if there was a guide for my particular system like there is for the dell and leveno systems and hp

Your hardware is workable.

You should probably use search to see if there is a guide for your specific hardware. Although, most of the tasks you need to complete are the same for any laptop with similar hardware.

It is easier to get going if you have access to a Mac. If you don't, you need to purchase a SL DVD from Apple, and use the iBoot method just to gain access to the Mac App Store to download Yosemite and prepare your USB installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back