Contribute
Register

Help. I got the machine running and then it just died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MacBook
CPU
2 ghz
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm a noob. I put it together. Even installed mountain lion. it was working fine. As I was preparing to use multi beast, it just shut down. T tried rebooting, but it kept shutting down. I waited a day and was able to restart but got a message saying bios was corrupted. As i went into bios, it shut down again. The fans (even the cpu fan) were all going when the machine was on. I took it all apart and rebuilt to make sure there wasnt a short.
i took out the video, firewire cards and disconnected the hd cables. Still no luck.
Very frustrated at this point.
here is my build:

Attachments

• hack jb.JPG
    hack jb.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 136
I waited a day and was able to restart but got a message saying bios was corrupted. As i went into bios, it shut down again.

Try flashing your bios. You'll need to read your motherboard manual for instructions. If that doesn't work, contact Gigabyte.

Thanks for the help and fast response. I already contacted gigabyte and was told to take out the battery for 15 min. Also tried running out of the box. Same thing happened. It keeps trying to start and restart. I will flash the bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back