Graphics
Geforce GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So a few months ago I bought a sound interface which connects via firewire. For some reason, when the interface is connected, the sleep functionality fails every time. It seems that it goes to sleep normally but then when waking up it shuts down and immediately starts up again. It wasn't much of a problem for a while but today I decided it was time to try to fix it. First thing I tried was resetting the SMC as instructed here https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295, and now I see it was a bad idea. After shutting it down and pressing Shift+Ctrl+Alt+Power button for a few seconds the computer turned on and immediately off, then after pressing the power button again it turned on and off again, and finally after pressing it once more it turned on but now the initial gigabyte motherboard screen changed to a new different one and there it freezes. None of the keys for accessing the BIOS or boot options work, not even other keys, yet the feedback beep can be heard after pressing some of the keys. I even tried plugging in the recovery USB but nothing changes. I need your help, please! I'm desperate, completely locked out of my computer. THANKS!

Note: I have a High Sierra installation accessed through Clover.

As you have discovered, Mac key commands may have different meanings when applied to a PC.

I think that the first thing that you should try should be a CMOS reset.

As you have discovered, Mac key commands may have different meanings when applied to a PC.

I think that the first thing that you should try should be a CMOS reset.
Thanks for your reply. I will try this now and let you know how it goes.

Thank you so much! After resetting the BIOS and setting it up again everything is working just fine again! Thanks!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back