Contribute
Register

Help! I can't get Snow Leopard to install. Spinning Wheel and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
eye

As to what I see... do you have a media drive attached to the USB ports or is it attached directly to a SATA cable.

Media Drives from external USB do not work.

ALso any USB devices that you're attaching should be attached to the USB ports on the rear of the motherboard. To avoid timing issues etc.

I was looking at that issue. I did actually disconnect the front usb hub from the board and that's what you see in the picture.

I'm pretty sure that the only usb device that I have attached is the keyboard and mouse from the back. Actually the Keyboard (Bella EZ pro) is attached to the back and the mouse is plugged into the keyboard. Maybe I should unplug the mouse or plug it into the back?

Got rid of the USB issues by disabling USB in the BIOS and using an old PS keyboard. But I still have the other issues.

Graphics Card?

20140715_173731.jpg

eyeblossom

Your error in the picture appears to be power related.
This is common w non spec motherboards.
You will need to use the startup switch acpi=off
as an added value in the start up string of commands you type at boot...

As to the PS2 keyboard and usb.
Some Motherboards have an option to enable older USB hardware support (USB spec version 1.1)
This is sometimes called LEGACY support. This needs to be enabled
this may not be available w HP BIOS you have. So this means a newer keyboard may be needed.
All usb connections should be made at the rear of the computer.
When I did my first Hackintosh I had difficulties w USB keyboards as well. And did something similar w a PS2 keyboard and usb mouse. Had to switch to USB keyboard during the install process was very cumbersome.

Do note that these issues can be caused by a USB switch such as a 4 into 1 device or KVM - make sure you direct connect to the rear of the computer. What I settled on was a Micky Soft usb keyboard (or an apple one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back