Contribute
Register

[HELP] I can reach the installer but it freezes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD7TH
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 740 2GB GDDR5
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
To elaborate on my problem, I can reach the installer but when it gets to "installing on SSD" around 11 minutes remaining it freezes and my usb mouse and keyboard stop working. No, I do not get the luxury of an error message. I have searched extensively for a solution to no avail. I have a very similar build to @tonymacx86 9 series build. Providing me the .plist for your/his build or even the DSDT settings in it would be of great help.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.9 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
Hi, it's emax4 from ******. Another thread here showed that the guy used a different USB port. Being that it hangs at the 11 minutes remaining mark, have you tried installing to a different hard drive or even a USB drive (slower)? I looked up the SMBIOS and the iMac15,1 seems correct. What about the Fake CPU ID though? Can you remove that and see what happens?

First, thank you for taking the time to help me.
I have seen that post about switching the usb port, this did not work for me.
Yes, I have 2 of the same SSD and have switched between both.
I have previously tried my plist with no Fake CPU ID, that did not work.
As for bootflags, maxmem has no impact on my system, but after a little tinkering in my plist I managed to get an error message, hopefully this can provide a more experienced user with some insite. I have included pictures of the error message and my updated plist.
IMG_9970.PNG IMG_9971.PNG

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.9 KB · Views: 162
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back