Contribute
Register

[Help] HP Pavilion 15 2018 BIOS settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 841C (HP Pavilion 15-ck013nl) (Clover)
CPU
Intel Core i5 8250U
Graphics
nVidia 940MX, Intel UHD Graphics 620 1920x1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone!
Today I got High Sierra to install and boot on the new HP Pavilion 15 with a i5-8250U and nVidia MX940. Problem is, the system boots only in safe mode -x. If I try and boot with only verbose on I get stuck on gIOscreenlockstate 3 error.

I already knew from previous hackintoshing experiences that I needed to disable Serial Port IO among the usual stuff like virtualization from the BIOS but this laptop doesn't have any Serial Port settings ANYWHERE in it's already gaunty BIOS (spent a lot of time looking for it but there not a lot of options changable in this BIOS). I'm pretty much sure this is the problem keeping my laptop to boot in normal mode.

Anyone know a way around it?

Hi everyone!
Today I got High Sierra to install and boot on the new HP Pavilion 15 with a i5-8250U and nVidia MX940. Problem is, the system boots only in safe mode -x. If I try and boot with only verbose on I get stuck on gIOscreenlockstate 3 error.

I already knew from previous hackintoshing experiences that I needed to disable Serial Port IO among the usual stuff like virtualization from the BIOS but this laptop doesn't have any Serial Port settings ANYWHERE in it's already gaunty BIOS (spent a lot of time looking for it but there not a lot of options changable in this BIOS). I'm pretty much sure this is the problem keeping my laptop to boot in normal mode.

Anyone know a way around it?

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Hi Rehabman, thank you very much for your service in the hackintoshing scene! I just updated my system info, sorry for that.

I did follow your guide since I started hackintoshing at the beginning of 2018 to set up the USB bootable with Clover UEFI and everything and in fact it did work, I can get to the installation process with no problems whatsoever. The only options in the BIOS I could change really were secure boot (disabled), virtualization (disabled) and boot from usb (enable). I couldn't disable Serial Port support and set the graphics to iGPU. But the issues come after the initial installation and first reboot: the second stage of the installation can be completed only in safe mode and that's the same for any future boots of the system. Can't get the system to boot in normal mode otherwise I get the gIOscreenlockstate 3 error blinking on my monitor at intervals of 7-10 seconds.

I'm sorry I can't attach all the needed files for problem reporting but I can't run the tool on the laptop as I still can't get any Internet connection on it at all (I'm running an Intel wi-fi I will be swapping for a Broadcom if I can get at least the boot process fixed). I can't get any report from verbose as well because the boot ends in a black screen with the gIOscreenlockstate 3 error blinking. I'm attaching my Clover EFI folder! The config.plist is still pretty much stock tho...

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2 MB · Views: 154
Hi Rehabman, thank you very much for your service in the hackintoshing scene! I just updated my system info, sorry for that.

I did follow your guide since I started hackintoshing at the beginning of 2018 to set up the USB bootable with Clover UEFI and everything and in fact it did work, I can get to the installation process with no problems whatsoever. The only options in the BIOS I could change really were secure boot (disabled), virtualization (disabled) and boot from usb (enable). I couldn't disable Serial Port support and set the graphics to iGPU. But the issues come after the initial installation and first reboot: the second stage of the installation can be completed only in safe mode and that's the same for any future boots of the system. Can't get the system to boot in normal mode otherwise I get the gIOscreenlockstate 3 error blinking on my monitor at intervals of 7-10 seconds.

I'm sorry I can't attach all the needed files for problem reporting but I can't run the tool on the laptop as I still can't get any Internet connection on it at all (I'm running an Intel wi-fi I will be swapping for a Broadcom if I can get at least the boot process fixed). I can't get any report from verbose as well because the boot ends in a black screen with the gIOscreenlockstate 3 error blinking. I'm attaching my Clover EFI folder! The config.plist is still pretty much stock tho...
config.plist is not per guide

OsxAptioFix3Drv-64 is not recommended try AptioMemoryFix

you may want to remove NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext

OsxAptioFix3Drv-64 is not recommended try AptioMemoryFix

Aight sir, going to try that in a minute. Is there any particular reason to prefer Aptio over Osx? Excuse the potentially dumb question!

Aight sir, going to try that in a minute. Is there any particular reason to prefer Aptio over Osx? Excuse the potentially dumb question!
Aptiomemoryfix is newer and better, if it works on your system then best to use, i think you only use OsxAptioFix3Drv if aptio doesn't work

Aptiomemoryfix is newer and better, if it works on your system then best to use, i think you only use OsxAptioFix3Drv if aptio doesn't work

I see, thanks for the info. I will remove nVidiafixup as well.

I see, thanks for the info. I will remove nVidiafixup as well.
yes, as there is a chance it is optimus and you will end up disabling the nvidia after installation (battery saver as well)

I have a question, something I've never really understood.
When you boot from Clover on a USB (not on the HDD or SSD the system is installed on), does it inject the kexts from the USB drive? I mean, if you have to change kests or modify the config.plist does the system use the files from the USB drive or you have to change them necessarily from the system's EFI partition?

I'm asking this because as I can only boot in safe mode I can't mount EFI partitions.

I have a question, something I've never really understood.
When you boot from Clover on a USB (not on the HDD or SSD the system is installed on), does it inject the kexts from the USB drive? I mean, if you have to change kests or modify the config.plist does the system use the files from the USB drive or you have to change them necessarily from the system's EFI partition?

I'm asking this because as I can only boot in safe mode I can't mount EFI partitions.

Your question regarding kext injection is answered in post #2 of the guide:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back