Contribute
Register

Help! How can I clone my entire HD and partitions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hackintosh
CPU
i7 3770k , 16gb Vengeance, Samsung 830
Graphics
ATI RADEON 6870 dual fan
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
After hours of stress I finally got my one hard drive dual boot system working. Only problem is the Samsung F3 drive is just too noisy for me. I want to move everything to another, quieter drive.

Is there any way for me to clone EVERYTHING so it's good to go straight off the bat? As far as I can see I can't clone the EFI partition?

Does that mean it'll be a case of booting off the iBoot disk followed by running multibeast again? Are there a lot of potential problems?

Thanks so much for all the info!!!!

dongrammar said:
]After hours of stress I finally got my one hard drive dual boot system working. Only problem is the Samsung F3 drive is just too noisy for me. I want to move everything to another, quieter drive.

Is there any way for me to clone EVERYTHING so it's good to go straight off the bat? As far as I can see I can't clone the EFI partition?

Does that mean it'll be a case of booting off the iBoot disk followed by running multibeast again? Are there a lot of potential problems?

Thanks so much for all the info!!!!
I use Carbon Copy Cloner, works great.

If you use Super Duper or Carbon Copy Cloner you will have to reinstall Chameleon on the copy.

The good news id you use clonezilla and clone to an identical size drive it will copy everything. The bad news is it's not the friendliest application..

Thanks guys it turned out the noise was actually caused by the firewire audio interface I had plugged in. I just needed to change the voltage settings in the BIOS.

Of course I found this out after i'd spent hours needlessly reinstalling everything!! Doh!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back