Contribute
Register

[Help] High Sierra and Nvidia webdriver error: gIOScreenLockState 3 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i7-3770k 3.50Ghz
Graphics
gigabyte geforce gtx 1050 ti windforce oc 4g
Hi all,

First, I had some problems with installing high sierra, had to remove my GPU card (GTX 1050 ti) to get through to the installer. I can boot to high sierra desktop when my GPU is not connected to the motherboard.

I installed de new nvidia webdriver for 10.13 (even tried with the "SIP-trick"), injected nvidia webdriver through clover, disabled injection of intel, got lilu & nvidiagpufix kext installed, etc.. Nothing worked to get to the desktop, when I try to boot with my GPU an error shows up:

IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

The screen keeps refreshen en then showing that error again..

Build:
  • asrock z77 pro4-m
  • GTX 1050 ti
  • i7-3770k 3.50Ghz
Got the latest clover: r4220

Any help is much appreciated! Im stuck :/

I have the same graphics card and Im experiencing the same problem, so you’re not alone.
What’s interesting is that you said you had to remove the graphics card to get to the installer - It wasn’t necessary in my case, I just don’t have acceleration.

There are some tricks on the main thread, I tried some to no avail, but who knows, maybe you’ll have more luck than I. Read the pages from page 20 and maybe youll find something useful.

Good luck and keep me posted :)
Thanks

Ditto -- GTX 1050 and loaded 10.13 followed by Nvidia web driver 378.10.10.10.15.114 and with the card in place then the boot fails with the refreshing screen of "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3..."

If I pull the card and use the motherboard graphics then it boots fine.

Is it a problem with the Nvidia drivers?

the only way i’ve been able to reach the desktop is by using “inject intel” along with “inject nvidia” & use nvidia web drivers.” doing this gives me some issues when dealing with FCP X & 4k media. anyone have any other solutions?

I’m having the same issue on a clean high Sierra install. As soon as I installed the web drivers I’d get the refresh/ioscreenlockstate.

Interestingly enough, if I enable my igfx, set it as primary display and connect that to the same monitor it will boot fine and act as a dual monitor just fine (can switch between the inputs to my gtx1070 from igfx to see each screen).

If I set my GTX1070 as primary in the bios after login the screen is garbled (all pixelated).

Regardless of which is primary in bios, I have to select the nvidia web drivers in clover (nvdadrv=1) despite being set in my config.plist and supposedly not working in Clover anymore.

Very weird to say the least.

Last edited:
I’m having the same issue on a clean high Sierra install. As soon as I installed the web drivers I’d get the refresh/ioscreenlockstate.

Interestingly enough, if I enable my igfx, set it as primary display and connect that to the same monitor it will boot fine and act as a dual monitor just fine (can switch between the inputs to my gtx1070 from igfx to see each screen).

If I set my GTX1070 as primary in the bios after login the screen is garbled (all pixelated).

Regardless of which is primary in bios, I have to select the nvidia web drivers in clover (nvdadrv=1) despite being set in my config.plist and supposedly not working in Clover anymore.

Very weird to say the least.

I was able to get the 1070 working fine. I don't know for sure what fixed it and I kind of don't want to mess around with it again to find out but I reinstalled Lilu.kext/NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, as well installed NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext (after booting to the 770 the Nvidia driver was not selected so I felt this may have been related) into /Library/Extensions. I did this after I reinstalled my GTX770 and disabled IGE. It may be unrelated but I have a DSDT patch as well 'change GFX0 to IGPU'.

Booted up and all is well. Time to test dual monitors again.

UPDATE: For the first time in ages, I seem to have stable dual monitors. No more screen tearing, no more freezes, nothing. Super happy!

Last edited:
Hi guys, had that very same problem and have resolved it. But first my specs:

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60GHz
Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3 LGA1151
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

What triggered the problem?
Installing Nvidia Web Drivers after High Sierra was installed.

Resolution?
-Make sure NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext is in the 'other' folder, along with NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
-SIP is disabled (CSRActiveConfig etc)

Clover boot related options:
- *** DO NOT HAVE nv_disable=1 *** REPLACE IT WITH nvda_drv=1 !
- Make sure in graphics options that NVIDIA Web Drivers is selected
- I also ticked most of the boxes in clover options to do with kext file loading permissions, be liberal! But I didn't tick the last one. Sorry, don't have a screenshot as I'm busy downloading to reboot. But if anyone needs help let me know and I'll reboot.

I hope this helps someone, I know how frustrating this was.

Disclaimer:
I am not responsible for any damage to your machines! This is what worked for me.

Nothing worked to get to the desktop, when I try to boot with my GPU an error shows up: IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0
Check Post #2 or #262 for possible solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back