Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 670
Friends!

I have been running a Yosemite Hackintosh (due to my specific older hardware) for ~4 years now and just recently ran an iTunes update where, after rebooting, the machine will not reboot! :(

Errors that I get when powering on the machine now look like:

Basically when booting now it pops up the motherboard BIOS screen real quick, then into Clover boot screen, then immediately into that OSX "restart error" screen, then the Apple logo screen for a second, then boom, that huge slew of boor errors shows! :( (It will cycle through this 3x times, then ends up eventually on that "universal no" icon screen)

I'm hoping someone out there can help decipher those error messages for me in hopes that this is fixable by a n00b like me?! ;)

Any help / ideas / comments would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

VENAM1

(PS: I had tried booting it into Target Mode in hopes of trying get data off of it but I'm guessing that capability is only available on Apple hardware yeah?)

Friends!

I have been running a Yosemite Hackintosh (due to my specific older hardware) for ~4 years now and just recently ran an iTunes update where, after rebooting, the machine will not reboot! :(

Errors that I get when powering on the machine now look like:

View attachment 412617

Basically when booting now it pops up the motherboard BIOS screen real quick, then into Clover boot screen, then immediately into that OSX "restart error" screen, then the Apple logo screen for a second, then boom, that huge slew of boor errors shows! :( (It will cycle through this 3x times, then ends up eventually on that "universal no" icon screen)

I'm hoping someone out there can help decipher those error messages for me in hopes that this is fixable by a n00b like me?! ;)

Any help / ideas / comments would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

VENAM1

(PS: I had tried booting it into Target Mode in hopes of trying get data off of it but I'm guessing that capability is only available on Apple hardware yeah?)
you can see the issue is with shiki.kext

try safe mode and remove the kext

then:
Use this to make sure your kexts are up to date:

whatevergreen latest kext already has this implemented

Feartech thank you for the response!

When I hold down "Shift" after Clover Boot menu, the machine still goes to the slew of errors screen where the "shiki" error is (I see no "Safe Mode" options to try in the Clover menu either)...

And in terms of updating kexts, thats not something I can do until I can get back booted into OSX yeah?

Is there a walkthru or documentation on how to do what you just described so I don't have to hound you with dumb questions too? ;)

Thanks!

VENAM1

(PS: I tried entering "shiki.kext" into the "Block kext" field in Clover Options and then booting from the OSX drive but it ends up at the same "shiki error" page... Of course, not sure if i even entered the argument properly into the options page...)

Attachments

• IMG_7551.jpg
    IMG_7551.jpg
    562.8 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Feartech thank you for the response!

When I hold down "Shift" after Clover Boot menu, the machine still goes to the slew of errors screen where the "shiki" error is (I see no "Safe Mode" options to try in the Clover menu either)...

And in terms of updating kexts, thats not something I can do until I can get back booted into OSX yeah?

Is there a walkthru or documentation on how to do what you just described so I don't have to hound you with dumb questions too? ;)

Thanks!

VENAM1

(PS: I tried entering "shiki.kext" into the "Block kext" field in Clover Options and then booting from the OSX drive but it ends up at the same "shiki error" page... Of course, not sure if i even entered the argument properly into the options page...)
shift won't do anything

press space bar at clover menu and choose safe mode

Ah well that helps to actually use the correct key command thanks!!! :(

I hit Space Bar at Clover screen, selected "Safe Mode", but then the screen afterwards still errors out:

(After those 10 seconds, I hit a key and it then returns me to the Clover boot screen...)

Anything else I can try?

I really appreciate your help Feartech THANK YOU!!!

VENAM1

(PS: How far down this rabbit hole should I try to follow?: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-error-allocating-0x-pages-at-0x-alloc-type-2.182907/ This looks very similar to the error I am currently getting in Safe Mode, yeah...?)

Last edited:
Ah well that helps to actually use the correct key command thanks!!! :(

I hit Space Bar at Clover screen, selected "Safe Mode", but then the screen afterwards still errors out:

View attachment 412660

(After those 10 seconds, I hit a key and it then returns me to the Clover boot screen...)

Anything else I can try?

I really appreciate your help Feartech THANK YOU!!!

VENAM1

(PS: How far down this rabbit hole should I try to follow?: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-error-allocating-0x-pages-at-0x-alloc-type-2.182907/ This looks very similar to the error I am currently getting in Safe Mode, yeah...?)
clover boot screen, go to options, find boot arguments and try adding in -liluoff and then try and boot

I added the -liluoff flag like so:

...and then tried rebooting (both "regularly" and in Safe Mode) and still get the same big ol' error screen (where the "shiki" line is)... :(

Anything else I could try?

Thanks again Feartech, I really appreciate your help!

VENAM1

I added the -liluoff flag like so:

View attachment 412828

...and then tried rebooting (both "regularly" and in Safe Mode) and still get the same big ol' error screen (where the "shiki" line is)... :(

Anything else I could try?

Thanks again Feartech, I really appreciate your help!

VENAM1
boot with usb installer, get to the installer, open terminal, navigate to the kext location and delete it

Thx Feartech!

I have been out of town but will try this technique ASAP!

VENAM1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back