Contribute
Register

HELP! Hackintosh Randomly Freezes - Hardware Issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z170i Pro Gaming Mini-ITX
CPU
Intel Skylake Core i7 6700k
Graphics
n/a
Hello All,

This is my very first PC build and it's only about 2 weeks old. I've begun experiencing random freezes. They can happen within seconds of startup or can occur after hours of use. The screen freezes without warning and peripherals no longer respond, however, the fans continue to spin and all LEDs including the onboard motherboard lights are still on. Occasionally the computer will reboot itself shortly after a freeze occurs, but most of the time it won't.

Is it safe to assume it is a hardware issue as the problem can occur in MacOS Sierra, Windows 10 and in the BIOS? The CPU temp seems to stay at a steady 29C and motherboard at 24C. Voltage readouts on the BIOS seem steady also.

Does anyone have any ideas where the problem may lie? Or perhaps give any tips in diagnosing the problem?
Thanks in advance!

Hardware:
  • Asus Z170i Pro Gaming Motherboard
  • Intel Core i7 6700k
  • 2x 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3000MHz
  • Samsung 850 500GB SSD
  • Corsair CS550M 550W PSU

I am having similar issue with a new build. Have u made any progress on the issue?

Same issue here... sometime it happens with chrome-youtube, sometime with premiere pro...
it freeze for 5 secs and then it reboots.

- mobo: GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
- CPU : I7-6700k
- graphic card: GIGABYTE GTX 970
- OSX: Sierra 10.12.2

PLEASE SOMEONE HAS ANY IDEAS :|

Same here. Starts today.
After first freeze and reboot, it won't boot at all. My SSD was dead.
I tried it over usb. I have one more SSD so I reinstall the whole thing and its freezing again.

GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
i7-6700k
GTX 780
SIERRA 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back