Contribute
Register

Help. Hackintosh needs optimized

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have almost the same system, so here's my boot.plist:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>npci=0x2000 debug=0x144</string>
    <key>GraphicsMode</key>
    <string>1920x1080x32@60</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
    <key>Quiet Boot</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

here's my smbios.plist:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>SMbiosdate</key>
	<string>10/30/09</string>
	<key>SMbiosversion</key>
	<string>IM121.88Z.0047.B0A.1104221555</string>
	<key>SMboardproduct</key>
	<string>Mac-942B59F58194171B</string>
	<key>SMfamily</key>
	<string>Macmini</string>
	<key>SMmanufacter</key>
	<string>Apple Inc.</string>
	<key>SMproductname</key>
	<string>Macmini5,2</string>
	<key>SMserial</key>
	<string>C02FT5U2DHJP</string>
	<key>SMexternalclock</key>
	<string>100</string>
	<key>SMmaximalclock</key>
	<string>4400</string>
</dict>
</plist>

i'm aslo attaching my ssdt.aml and my dsdt.aml but do note that i'm using F10 BIOS for my Z68X-UD3H-B3

Attachments

• SSDT.aml
    1 KB · Views: 117
  • DSDT.aml
    18.4 KB · Views: 125
Thanks a lot for posting the boot.plist, smbios.plist and the DSDT and SSDT files. I have tried all of this and still I'm around 3500 on the geek bench scale (which i think is still well below the potential).

While doing the Geekbench test, I have the HWMonitor running in the task bar showing me the multiplier and processor speed. what is frustrating, is that the multiplier will briefly jump to 25 (maybe even 30) times, before reverting to 8X for long extended periods (this has them running at 792Mhz). Is that normal?

Should the processors always be pegged more or less to 33X? Is that my goal? I'm still just not getting this. I think my configuration is pretty much in the sweet spot of what people on the forum have (and is exactly why i selected the components that i did), but my performance seems to be considerably less.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (and could help preserve my sanity!)

----------

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, i5 2500K, Sapphire HD6870

What about installing the Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement for OSX 10.7.4 in Multibeast? Would this address the performance issues that I am seeing?

Please help...

cayeldo said:
What about installing the Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement for OSX 10.7.4 in Multibeast? Would this address the performance issues that I am seeing?
The patched version is for boards which leave the MSR 0x2e locked do that AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement will cause a KP when it tries to write to this register. As far as I know only boards from ASUS, Asrock and MSI are affected, but not those from Gigibyte. That's one of the main reasons why Gigabyte is the preferred brand for hackintoshs.

I suspect that it's a problem with your BIOS settings. Check your CPU feature and energy saving related settings! Maybe there is something disabled or limiting the maximum speed.

Mieze

I think I might be figuring things out. I've noticed when it is running the speed test, my CPU jumps from an idle temperature of around 85C quickly up. This is when it jumps to a multiplier of 34X. As soon as any of the processors hit 98C (which is quickly), then they start to throttle back the speed. As they continue to hit 98C, the speed keeps throttling back until the multiplier drops to it's lowest level of 8X.

Does this sound like it could be the issue? I have the stock heatsink and Fan that came with the i5 2500K processor on (yes, it has the paste too), but perhaps it's not doing the job properly. I'm going to look in to getting a new fan and see if that helps. I think i might be circling the problem now!

SOLVED! Yup, that was the problem. I pulled off the CPU cooler (which appeared to be sitting properly) and reinstalled it. I think one of the pegs might not have been pressing down hard enough, but once I did that everything fell back into place.

My CPU idle temperature is around 30-35C and when under load it spikes up to around 50C. NOW, my processor is spiked at a 34X multiplier the whole time the GeekBench is run and now my score has normalized at 9150 which is around where it should be (unless I choose to OC the processor).

Thanks for everyone that helped me. I can finally get some sleep!

ah yes, 95C would be the temp that it would start to scale back. if it didn't do that, it would go up in smoke/crash/etc like in this video:

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZXtjulXzfI[/VIDEO]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back