Contribute
Register

HELP! GTX 570 2.5GB stuck at login loop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
CPU
p8z77-v deluxe
Graphics
nvidia 570
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all, I have been struggling to get my first hackintosh up and running. I installed Mountain Lion and the NVIDIA/CUDA drivers, and can only boot in safe mode. It has the proper resolution and is recognizing my graphics card. I tried the Netkas fix for OpenCL but it didn't seem to work. When I reboot normally, every time I login it loops back to the login screen. I tried to do a clean reinstall after this. This time I again installed the NVIDIA and CUDA drivers, but I didn't use the netkas fix. Same results. Safe mode boots fine, normal boot has the login loop.

Does anyone have a clue on this? I've asked around and it seems 5xx cards are all having similar problems. I would really like to enable OpenCL to use with adobe. The only thing I haven't tried yet is using the Fermi >2GB option in multibeast. I read that it shouldn't be used with the drivers so I avoided it. Any help would be great, thanks!

Best solution for me was using the stock 10.8.2 drivers.
But if you already installed nvidia drivers and want to fix the boot loop, this is what worked for me:

Try this

but dont use the attached files, instead use the files from this post

Awesome, thanks for the reply! I'm gonna go try this right now. Two quick questions though. Would it be better to install the new NVIDIA driver first? And, because my card is over 2GB, would this work or will I still need the netkas fix? Thanks so much for the help!

UPDATE: I just tried this and had several problems. The first being that my computer was randomly shutting down. Sometimes right at the beginning of the boot, other times at the login, and other times I got into osx, started to make terminal changes and it would randomly shut down. But not completely off, just flashing back and forth between black and the Asus logo screen.

The second problem I had was in terminal. I unzipped the folder to my desktop and tried "cd Desktop/folder i unzipped" and all i got was no such directory exists errors. I am more worried about the powering down issue as it seemed to be stable in safe mode the other day and now it doesnt always boot. I'm going to try a reinstall if I can. And then try with the newest NVIDIA drivers. Would this fix still be applicable? Anyone have an idea about the random shutdowns?

So my computer keeps crashing now. I dont think the vzcilla fix had an effect on this as it started to do it this morning before i tried that. But its gotten to where the computer just flashing the asus logo screen with some green artifacts. i managed to boot from the usb once but it crashed before i could format the hd. any ideas?

So my computer keeps crashing now. I dont think the vzcilla fix had an effect on this as it started to do it this morning before i tried that. But its gotten to where the computer just flashing the asus logo screen with some green artifacts. i managed to boot from the usb once but it crashed before i could format the hd. any ideas?

So even booting up from your install USB stick wont work? have you tried removing your card and booting from build in graphics? have you tried booting into a different OS (Windows, as scary as that is)

I´m sorry to hear that its not working for you.
It seems that there is no universal solution to get your GPU running.
I suggest you play around with all the drivers a little more.

aolivero posted a summary of all the drivers here and i finally got the new nvidia drivers running with my GTX 570 without grey boot screen.
Maybe you can find the drivers that work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back