Motherboard
Lenovo Ideapad 330s-15ikb
CPU
i5-8250u
Graphics
UHD620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The problem is that I can not boot with the native resolution on my laptop. It has a 1080p/ 16:9 ratio display. Everytime I boot it, it will glitch during the boot screen and stay like this until I put it to sleep mode and wake it up again. Another option to get it to the right resolution without glitches is to set a very low res in clover (1024x768), it will then glitch a few seconds during boot and finally switch to the native resolution. I also can enter a invalid platform-id e.g. 0x12345678, then it will boot without any glitches but wihtout hardware acceleration.

what I tried so far:
  • force my display EDID to be used (manual editing and Hackintool patch)
  • playing around with SwitchresX
  • different SMBIOS setups
  • different ig-platform-ids for the framebuffer patch (thought that could help, but didn´t)
  • injecting my EDID with clover
nothing seemed to work so far. I read enabling CSM in BIOS would fix it, but my bios does not have this option

thanks for any help!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 111
  • 55D37C62-D1AB-4277-B852-22BC6EF33609.jpeg
    55D37C62-D1AB-4277-B852-22BC6EF33609.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 93
The problem is that I can not boot with the native resolution on my laptop. It has a 1080p/ 16:9 ratio display. Everytime I boot it, it will glitch during the boot screen and stay like this until I put it to sleep mode and wake it up again. Another option to get it to the right resolution without glitches is to set a very low res in clover (1024x768), it will then glitch a few seconds during boot and finally switch to the native resolution. I also can enter a invalid platform-id e.g. 0x12345678, then it will boot without any glitches but wihtout hardware acceleration.

what I tried so far:
  • force my display EDID to be used (manual editing and Hackintool patch)
  • playing around with SwitchresX
  • different SMBIOS setups
  • different ig-platform-ids for the framebuffer patch (thought that could help, but didn´t)
  • injecting my EDID with clover
nothing seemed to work so far. I read enabling CSM in BIOS would fix it, but my bios does not have this option

thanks for any help!

Enable legacy boot as recommended in the guide...

Enable legacy boot as recommended in the guide...
I followed this guide exactly, thanks for writing it, worked perfect. Unfortunately this option is not working, I just get a black screen with white text „no bootable device found“. I think because clover is installed as UEFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back