Contribute
Register

Help!GPU stuck at OS X 10.10.5 -How to proceed Workflow advice for multiOS clones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
CPU
n/a
Graphics
n/a
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Dear Group,

I was shocked when I updated to the latest security update and iTunes and YOSEMITE version only to find my nVidia WEB DRIVERS no longer worked!!!

I tried to port in using my laptop SHARE SCREEN and change default back to WEB DRIVER I had, but it was then GREYED OUT not an option!

This freaked me out, and caused me to have to reinstall the entire Yosemite OS back from scratch to finally get back to my current state that I am now working.

I need Advice about how I can KEEP this CURRENT OS STATE and CLONE it so that I could BOOT from it when possible to run earlier version PROTOOLS software and FINAL CUT PRO 7....yes old school.

But I also wish to upgrade to the most current possible OS X if I could be assured that I would be able to find the WEB DRIVERS for my TITAN X (maxwell) 12GB GPU.
When I search the links i searched earlier I now get WE DON"T SUPPORT YOUR COMPUTER, and no MAC DRIVERS are available.
I can find CUDA all the way up to JAN 2018, but this is no help unless I can either

Get this CARD FLASHED *(which I have tried to contact MVC but feel I am just blacklisted or something because I never get a response.

Or go the option of the rest of you guys that have succeeded in getting your MAC PRO to work with a TITAN X *maxwell

I would be greatful again if someone could show me the link to the current Nvidia site with the list of web drivers. I think at the time this happened (2 years? ago? I was told to wait and see) but now I assume it has because people are working in HIGH SIERRA.

Also can someone remind me now that it has been 2 years. How to tell which BUILD of web driver I would need? by looking at my SYSTEM REPORT?

I am grateful and excited I finally found you guys again....there are so many sites....geez.....louise......its hard to keep up.

PS-= My USB BOOT DRIVES of OS X YOSEMITE never seem to work properly.

When I read the link it talks about CLOVER and other terms I am not sure about.
I know the build number routine for the nvidia drivers on MACVID site.
But I am not sure I understand how I did it before, and can you send me a link to where I can download the KEXT?
If I just need the KEXT to install like you said, I could do that.
Otherwise, I am not sure the link above will help me as it says easy but not at what point of the install process.

Can I guess here and you can correct me please? I am grateful.

1. Upgrade to El Capitan via Apple update.
2. then how to access the computer without taking out the TITAN X?
3. must i use the default graphics card 256mb I have? nvidia that works apple boot?
4. install the web drivers with the tool or through the update nvidia app.
5. then re-install the Titan X graphics card?

Is this the only way to proceed?

Much thanks
S

When I read the link it talks about CLOVER and other terms I am not sure about.
I know the build number routine for the nvidia drivers on MACVID site.
But I am not sure I understand how I did it before, and can you send me a link to where I can download the KEXT?
If I just need the KEXT to install like you said, I could do that.
Otherwise, I am not sure the link above will help me as it says easy but not at what point of the install process.

Can I guess here and you can correct me please? I am grateful.

1. Upgrade to El Capitan via Apple update.
2. then how to access the computer without taking out the TITAN X?
3. must i use the default graphics card 256mb I have? nvidia that works apple boot?
4. install the web drivers with the tool or through the update nvidia app.
5. then re-install the Titan X graphics card?

Is this the only way to proceed?

Much thanks
S
Are you on a real Mac or a hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back