i7-5775C
Graphics
AMD WX Pro 4100
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I am trying to keep my OC up to date, I currently have 0.6.7 working fine, but as updates keep coming I thought it would be good to update it.

Anyway, I have followed the updating OC guide and can't get it to work. It stops booting at:

[EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START]

I have checked both config files in detail twice over and have found all settings in the OC guides to be properly set up. I am attaching my current EFI, and my new EFI, I have checked that the new OC files correspond to that version as well, etc. I have a USBPorts map that works fine, 15 USB ports in all. My system works fine as it is, but can't get OC updated.

This system is currently on 11.2.3 and will be updating to Monterey once I have the new OC working, for now going to 11.6.4

Can someone please give me a hand with this, it might be some detail I'm missing.

Thanks,

Manolo

Attachments

• EFI 0.7.8.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 44
  • EFI Current.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 46
@manolo2001

Try reading what happened in this thread:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...on-big-sur-os-11-6-solved.317249/post-2292178

The OpenCore Guide was helpful in figuring out, and debugging the failure. Of course the solution I found may not apply to your case, but the process would be the same. And you could try my solution. Make sure your tests are run from a bootable USB folder, and not on your main boot device, so that you can always recover. Good luck.

Hi, I read the post but it does not help.

Let me explain how things stand now.

I have my current and properly running 11.2.3 setup, I managed to get OC 0.7.8 up and running and I have my USBs mapped as well as the SDDTs.

11.2.3 and OC 0.7.8 work just fine now.

I also have a drive that I updated from 11.2.3 to 11.6.4, that is using the same EFI, OC 0.7.8, but it will not finish booting. It freezes near the end, and enters a never ending reboot cycle, I also get a white screen at some point, then goes dark, get to the final Apple logo and scrolling boot bar but it freezes to a reboots.

I also have a Monterey USB, using the same EFI OC 0.7.8, that will work to a point and crash, I get to where the mouse icon appears, just before you get to choose your language, but that menu never appears. The mouse icon just freezes and it just sits there indefinitely.

Attached is the EFI I am using.

I have checked on Hackintool, and my USB ports are mapped to 14, I use the USBPorts.kext that I got from Hackintool, and it holds, at least for 11.2.3, I get the idea that for some reason it is being broken in 11.6.4 and Monterey.

Setup info,

MOBO Supermicro X10SAE, it's a C229 board
CPU is a Xeon 1246 V3, no iGPU
dGPU is an AMD Pro WX 4100
32Gb Ram

At this point in time I have no idea what is breaking my boot process, and also not allowing me to install Monterey properly.

I have tried various SMBIOS, MacPro6,1 and iMacPro1,1 but they seem to break my USB map. Now using iMac16,1. I discovered that apparently some SMBIOSs would break my USB map, and load its own, in the MacPro and iMacPro case, as when I checked on Hackintool, in the 11.2.3 install, all USBs showed up regardless of being mapped. I am now using iMac16,1 which does not break my USB map, but I wonder if I am also having iGPU issues with this SMBIOS.

I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks

Manolo

PS. have an i7-5775C I could replace the Xeon with, that does have an iGPU, could that help ??

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 49
Hi, I read the post but it does not help.

Let me explain how things stand now.

I have my current and properly running 11.2.3 setup, I managed to get OC 0.7.8 up and running and I have my USBs mapped as well as the SDDTs.

11.2.3 and OC 0.7.8 work just fine now.

I also have a drive that I updated from 11.2.3 to 11.6.4, that is using the same EFI, OC 0.7.8, but it will not finish booting. It freezes near the end, and enters a never ending reboot cycle, I also get a white screen at some point, then goes dark, get to the final Apple logo and scrolling boot bar but it freezes to a reboots.

I also have a Monterey USB, using the same EFI OC 0.7.8, that will work to a point and crash, I get to where the mouse icon appears, just before you get to choose your language, but that menu never appears. The mouse icon just freezes and it just sits there indefinitely.

Attached is the EFI I am using.

I have checked on Hackintool, and my USB ports are mapped to 14, I use the USBPorts.kext that I got from Hackintool, and it holds, at least for 11.2.3, I get the idea that for some reason it is being broken in 11.6.4 and Monterey.

Setup info,

MOBO Supermicro X10SAE, it's a C229 board
CPU is a Xeon 1246 V3, no iGPU
dGPU is an AMD Pro WX 4100
32Gb Ram

At this point in time I have no idea what is breaking my boot process, and also not allowing me to install Monterey properly.

I have tried various SMBIOS, MacPro6,1 and iMacPro1,1 but they seem to break my USB map. Now using iMac16,1. I discovered that apparently some SMBIOSs would break my USB map, and load its own, in the MacPro and iMacPro case, as when I checked on Hackintool, in the 11.2.3 install, all USBs showed up regardless of being mapped. I am now using iMac16,1 which does not break my USB map, but I wonder if I am also having iGPU issues with this SMBIOS.

I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks

Manolo

PS. have an i7-5775C I could replace the Xeon with, that does have an iGPU, could that help ??

Hi there.

I do not know for sure but ...

As you have a Xeon system and it is basically from the 'Haswell' period, perhaps consider testing the MacPro6,1 system-definition. With any iMac system, macOS is looking for an iGPU. It may well be that Monterey has tightened-up the system compatibility.

If you decide to give it a try, remember to disconnect from the Internet so that Apple's servers don't see what you are doing. If the test works, you can decide on whether to change. If it doesn't then no harm done. You could always put your test EFI boot on a USB stick to keep it separate.

:)

Hi I did try that SMBIOS but it broke my USBMap.

Thanks !!!

Manolo

Of course it broke your USBMap. You changed the SMBIOS!

The USBMap was set to work with whichever SMBIOS you were using when you created the USBMap. This is coded in to the USBMap. So changing the SMBIOS means the USBMap also needs to be changed, or recreated with the new SMBIOS in place.

OK I will try and match things now, although I am pretty sure I did that initially, but will give it a go. Thanks !!!!!!

That bit of info should be written down somewhere in the guides, as in NEVER CHANGE YOUR SMBIOS IN A WORKING SYSTEM OR IT WILL BREAK YOUR USB MAP !!!!

Will have news shortly

Thanks again

Manolo

Of course it broke your USBMap. You changed the SMBIOS!

The USBMap was set to work with whichever SMBIOS you were using when you created the USBMap. This is coded in to the USBMap. So changing the SMBIOS means the USBMap also needs to be changed, or recreated with the new SMBIOS in place.
OK I tried MacPro6,1 but it crashed once again. Although this time I managed to get to the language selection menu in the Monterey installer. The mouse freezes, I also get a white screen just before going to that Menu.

I am stuck. Attached is the latest EFI folder, OC 0.7.8 SMBIOS MacPro6,1.

Help is very welcome.

Thanks

Manolo

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 50
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back