Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Help! Glitch/Artifact/Garble Screen Ivy Bridge on Sierra (Everything Works on Dell Inspiron 3421)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 3421-Clover UEFI
CPU
i3-3217U / HM76
Graphics
HD4000, 1366x768
I managed to install Sierra on my Dell Inspiron 3421 with i3 Ivy Bridge.
Everything is working now, but the screen has a glitch.

I've read some fix from in this thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-resolve-boot-screen-garble.175799/ , DSDT method, Legacy in BIOS is on. But still no luck :(

And I found something weird, when I play a video on YouTube with fullscreen, the glitch is gone for a moment.
On google chrome, not to much glitch, but still annoy me :(

Can anyone help me?

Attachments

• config.plist
    27.8 KB · Views: 101

I've read some fix from in this thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-resolve-boot-screen-garble.175799/ , DSDT method, Legacy in BIOS is on. But still no luck :(

And I found something weird, when I play a video on YouTube with fullscreen, the glitch is gone for a moment.

Can anyone help me?

View attachment 398463
you have loads of useless patches etc in that config.plist

compare to one from the laptop guide and enable the options you need

you have loads of useless patches etc in that config.plist

compare to one from the laptop guide and enable the options you need
Can you show me any of it, please?
I am beginner on this. I installed anything, if it works, then it works :/

Can you show me any of it, please?
I am beginner on this. I installed anything, if it works, then it works :/
obviously it doesn't work otherwise you wouldn't be posting here for help :)

from the link above "choosing a config.plist" and grab one for your laptop specs

obviously it doesn't work otherwise you wouldn't be posting here for help :)

from the link above "choosing a config.plist" and grab one for your laptop specs
Yeah, I used RehabMan configuration as my references.
Even my installer use one of them. When I tried to EFI on my Hard Drive, it didn't work, so I created new config and put some necessary patch from RehabMan config as my references.

Yeah, I used RehabMan configuration as my references.
Even my installer use one of them. When I tried to EFI on my Hard Drive, it didn't work, so I created new config and put some necessary patch from RehabMan config as my references.
using clover configurator to create your config.plist is a bad idea, use one from the guide, as mentioned, it is easier for everyone here (including yourself) to diagnose potential issues

using clover configurator to create your config.plist is a bad idea, use one from the guide, as mentioned, it is easier for everyone here (including yourself) to diagnose potential issues
So I must start it from beginning again?

So I must start it from beginning again?
you could just try using a config.plist form the guide and enable the bits you need

but as you only uploaded a config.plist, i have nothing more to go on

Can anyone help me?

View attachment 398463

Could possibly be the same issue that I posted about here. It's a different model but you might want to try the patch.

Could possibly be the same issue that I posted about here. It's a different model but you might want to try the patch.
OH MY GOD! Dudes! I Solved it!

Yeaah, yesterday I used solution from that thread.
Today, I checked it again and it's just a stupid problem! xD

When I open my config.plist with Plisteditor Pro and go to KernelAndKextPatches, I just realized that there's stiil "#" on Kext to Patches! It means the patches still in comment mode!

And now, the patches is working! The screen is good now, no more glitches!
Thank You, Everyone! You saved my day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back