Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS GL703GS laptop (Clover)
CPU
i7-8750H/HM370?
Graphics
NVidia GTX 1070, 1920x1080
Basic keyboard & mouse work fine, but trackpad is unresponsive and trackpad does not show up in System Preferences ("no trackpad found").

Trackpad seems to be an Elan1203 I2C HID device.

I have installed VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID kexts to /Library/Extensions to try for polling mode, and I have attempted patching DSDT with Windows 10 _OSI patch from alexandred's VoodooI2C repository. (Also tried W8.1, W8, W7.)
The other DSDT patches applied are Fix _WAK Arg0 v2, HPET Fix, IRQ Fix, RTC Fix, Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel, SMBUS Fix, and Asus N55SL battery patch all from RehabMan.

I haven't tried other patches or fixes in DSDT or in config because I am not sure which ones would be helpful and not just further confuse the picture. I also don't know which if any additional adjustments are needed or even relevant for FakePCIID, FakePCIID_XHCIMux, power settings, etc.

The trackpad wasn't working before I installed Nvidia webdriver and wifi/bt card kexts. After I added those in, I started noticing that when I pull up System Preferences/Trackpad, it now shows "Wait for a bluetooth trackpad to be discovered. If your bluetooth trackpad doesn't appear, make sure it is turned on," which wasn't there before.

edit:
Ben Raz on the developer's Gitter thread helped me out.

Needed to skip a logic test to get a single logic bloc that was being blocked to execute:

changed from
Code:
If (USTP)
{
  // . . .
}

to

Code:
If (ONE)
{
  // ...
}

After that, the trackpad preference panel began to show up in System Preferences, and the trackpad became responsive. I then just needed to un-select "Look up & data detectors" in the trackpad prefpane to get it to respond to clicks. Almost as smooth as an actual MBP--the Asus' trackpad surface has a slightly higher amount of resistance when gliding.

Attachments

• DSDT fixed.zip
    213.7 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
Yeah. Thank you. This works for me in Mojave.
Mine is also ELAN 1203 and it works like a charm.
But ensure that the GPIO patch is in polling mode as the pinning mode doesnt work and it will make the bootloader stucks if you forgot to change to polling mode when applying this patch.

Yeah. Thank you. This works for me in Mojave.
Mine is also ELAN 1203 and it works like a charm.
But ensure that the GPIO patch is in polling mode as the pinning mode doesnt work and it will make the bootloader stucks if you forgot to change to polling mode when applying this patch.
Hey, i also have the same laptop model but i am a noob at hackintoshing. Could you please provide me with your efi and dsdt or ssdt patches and also guide me to get my build completely Working.

hi, I also have this trackpad in a Asus TUF Gaming 15. The touchpad kind of works, but the buttons only seem to work when the touchpad is also touched. Besides that, the right button works as the left (when the touchpad is touched ). Do your buttons work and do you have an idea why this works as I experience now?

I'm running Big Sur 11.1, OpenCore 0.6.4 and the latest VoodooI2C drivers (2.6.3). thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back