Contribute
Register

*HELP* GA-Z87X-UD3H -Mavericks Mouse Stutter & random network connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z790 GAMING X AX
CPU
i5-13600K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
*HELP_PLS!* GA-Z87X-UD3H -Mavericks Mouse Stutter & random network connection.

Since my P6T Deluxe setup started to randomly restart out of itself and I couldn't find a quick solution, I decided to buy the GA-Z87X-UD3H and an i5-4670K 3 days ago after checking the Buyers Guide here on Tonymac.

Wanted to upgrade anyway since the P6T Deluxe would run like a sunshine but each OS update, I had to start all over again.
Never been a smooth transition from SL to Lion to Mountain Lion and Mavericks I just couldn't get installed.

When I started up the new system to check the bios, I was kinda overwhelmed by the EUFI Bios.

To install Maverick, I used adamsmasher's Haswell Build to guide me thru the process.

Everything went smooth as butter.
No need to use any flags to startup/no problems with audio.

It even recognised my AMD Radeon HD 6870 1024 MB and actually displays it in "About My Mac".

**However after playing around a little, I noticed my mouse pointer wasn't running smooth and my internet connection wasn't always working after a reboot**

Never seen anything like this happen with my not soo compatible P6T Deluxe.

The mouse is working and glides smooth over the screen but then a millisecond stops.
Sound like no problem at all but it does it frequently! Impossible to work with in Photoshop or drawing in Illustrator.

At first I thought it was a bluetooth problem but when I tried my wired logitech mouse, it revealed the same problem.

It's hard to describe but it's a bit like working with a PC on overload (CPU usage 100%) and trying to use the mouse.
You get those hickups.

**Another big problem is the network card not functioning after a reboot**.

I reboot, want to browse the net with Chrome and see there's no connection.
However it does say Ethernet Connected.

I have to unplug and plugin my internet in order to force a connection or restart again.

When I decided to try and upgrade the bios from within Windows 7, I noticed that the installation DVD that comes along with the motherboard, isn't working for me. Takes ages to load and then at the DVD UI gives me an error.

So had to browse thru the folder to find the @BIOS updater and did the update to F7.

Also played around with the bios settings making sure nothing is wrong there.
Gaspimps Guide

- If you are not using onboard graphics you have to disable it!
- Onboard SATA set to AHCI mode with Hot Plug turned on for every port
- XHCI mode set to Auto instead of Smart Auto
- EHCI Hand-off enabled
- XHCI Hand-off enabled
- Secure boot DISABLED
- Network stack DISABLED (this only affects the built in networking features of the UEFI bios, conflicts with AppleIntelE1000e)
- When booting Hackintosh volumes, you will see both a UEFI and non-UEFI version of the device in the boot list, use the non-UEFI version for quicker boot.

I'm kinda at a lost so if you recognise any of these problems and know the solution to the problem, i would really appreciate it!

Ramon

System: Cooler Master HAF XM Mid tower - GA-Z87X-UD3H - i5 4670K - Cooler Master v8 - 2x 8Gb Vengeance LP 1600 - OS installed on Samsung SSD 830 Series - Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB - Seagate Barracuda ST380815AS 80GB - HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH22LS30 - Ultron Bluetooth dongle.

Does anyone know how to solve these problems?
Because I'm starting to regret buying this board.

I've not seen this problem before with this motherboard, and you've tried everything I would have you check. What's left is to do a fresh install, and, finally, if the fresh install doesn't make the problem go away, RMA the motherboard. Dunno what else to tell you.

Hi Stork,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm reinstalling Mavericks at this very moment.
First install I did, I just copied adam smasher's settings but I now see I don't need to install Network kext since it works out of the box.

Going to install everything one by one and see if network sticks and my mouse movements stay smooth :).

Well, I guess I found the problem!

As soon as my graphics card is truly detected and installed, the problems start.
It's a Sapphire HD6870 which already needed special care lol.

When the mouse started to drag, I decided to try the onboard graphics and the mouse runs smooth again.

Still want to get it to work with my HD6870 so if anyone knows a way to fix it, don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Ramon

Strange thing with your ATI 6870 GPU. Got one MSI and an XFX both run with GE=Yes or No. DVDPlayer works either way as well.

Got it working now :)

When the card is detected by system it all looks great under the about my system with the full description.
However, it's seems that chosen framebuffer is the reason for my draggin mouse.

I have now set it to duckweed and it works good so far.

Good to hear. :clap:

So, did you put the following in your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file?

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Duckweed</string>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>4</string>

With Son of Zorro, I had to do this with Lion and the early releases of Mountain Lion to get the 6850 to display the OS X. I didn't need it for Mavericks, and I don't have any problems with the mouse in Mavericks. So, it must be your make of the 6870 that is causing the mousing problem. Any who, I'm glad you got it fixed. :thumbup:

Hi Stork,

Thanks for your reply.

This is my Boot.plist

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Duckweed</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
<key>Hide Partition</key>
<string>"Applications" "Games" "Storage"</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>LoginToLion</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Haven't included AtiPorts because I make use of a single display.

Still need to unplug and plugin my network cable in order to get internet after a reboot ;-/
In network it's showing "Ethernet has a self-assigned IP address and will not be able to connect to the Internet".

Any suggestions on how to solve that?

It is strange to me that your Vendor and Device ID for your GPU is not picked up automatically… But if it works annually there is nothing wrong with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back