Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
GA Z77 DS3H rev. 1.1
i5 3570K

I bought this XFX 280X as a GPU upgrade over my old 650 Ti.

I've installed latest version of High Sierra just with the integrated graphics, everything ok. Installed Multibeast, it didn't boot. Because of problems latest time I did a full installation, I used Clover UEFI + Emulated NVRAM*
*A user helped me solve this with that the other time, so I already installed that way, if that's a problem, please let me know.

I put the EVGA 650 Ti and for some reason it booted but Ethernet that was working OOB stopped working after multibeast.
Also I get this message about the system have crashed, like it wasn't shut down properly every time, even when I reboot and everything is ok. Installed Atheros kext via Multibeast, Ethernet is working again but the message of crash is still on.
I put the XFX 280X DD, it starts but it gets trapped in a loop. It starts, goes to Clover, it keeps going but then, it starts all over from the beginning and it keeps going forever if I don't shut it down.

I loaded 4 types of VBIOS. I went to Clover Configurator and checked "Load VBIOS" and put the VBIOS on EFI>CLOVER>ROM: 1002_6798.rom
I tried 1 ROM from XFX and 3 ROMs from Asus models all with the same specs. I'm still trapped in the loop and receiving the crash report message.

I hope somebody can help, I've trying to solve this without success for 2 days already... hahahaha...

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.3 KB · Views: 275
  • Multibeast.png
    Multibeast.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 187
I used Inject ATI and EDID and manage to boot with HDMI but the it does in a low resolution and via DVI it's weird, like it's only part of the screen since I can't see the login part.

It seems something to do with the framebuffer, I tested with Hamachi and it didn't enter the OS. I hoped I wouldn't have to do it but I will try the tutorial to patch the FB.

I also have a XFX 280X DD and managed to make it work but it's stuck at 150MHz. Does someone have any idea of how to make it work properly? I've tried tons of ROMs but so far, same result.

I don't know if this means anything but there is no GPU info being output on HWMonitor at all.

I also have a XFX 280X DD and managed to make it work but it's stuck at 150MHz. Does someone have any idea of how to make it work properly? I've tried tons of ROMs but so far, same result.

I don't know if this means anything but there is no GPU info being output on HWMonitor at all.

Did you ever find a solution for your stuck at 150MHz problem? I'm having the same issue. Luzmark says its at 150MHz, but I get a score of 7796, so maybe it's not actually stuck at 150MHz? Any ideas?

Did you ever find a solution for your stuck at 150MHz problem? I'm having the same issue. Luzmark says its at 150MHz, but I get a score of 7796, so maybe it's not actually stuck at 150MHz? Any ideas?

I couldn't, so I sold the card. Plus, the power consumption compared to Polaris card was not worth it.

7796 in what Luxmark bench?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back