4. LC
  5. Plus
  6. PowerBook
  7. Quadra
  8. SE
  9. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I upgraded my UD3P's BIOS to the new UEFI one, but at the moment I only have OS X 10.7 on the USB dongle and 10.6 on DVD.
I know Mountain Lion works better, but I'd like to just get my system up an running.

Am I doomed? Or can an this MB work with older OS X once it's been UEFI'ed.

Well... it's even worse.

I just tried to buy ML from the Apple Store on my real Mac. A 2008 MacMini,
I was then rudely informed that I'm not allowed to buy ML because it's NOT COMPATIBLE WITH MY REAL MAC!!!!!
REALLY???

Are you KIDDING ME!!!! ML doesn't work real MACMINI!!!

This is starting to be a real problem.

Well, I just recreated my LION 10.7 USB UniBeast drive.

If boots through Chameleon but as soon as it gets to the Mac startup screen I get a grey "Circle Slash" No symbol on the load screen.

I'm really regretting this UEFI BIOS update.

Before you go any further, please describe what graphics card you are using because nobody can tell.

Also, several other people can/have installed on that motherboard just fine, so you are probably not doing it the right way.

Sorry and thanks.

It's a Geforce GT 220.
I've completely disabled the onboard graphics in BIOS.
Rev1 Motherboard
Core i3 2125
16GB RAM in 2 slots.

I have 3 SATA Hard drives including 2 Seagate 1.5TB ST31500341AS. I use one using exclusively for my Mac system drive, and the other is usually formatted NTFS to use for transferring files between Windows 7 and the Mac by Reboot, or for large temporary file like video for editing. But when this all started I cleaned it off an tried to do a clean install on it.

Windows 7 Ultimate is on a WD7500AACS 750GB HD. I was rarely using the Windows drive until my Hackintosh decided to stop working.

I've had this system running for a little over a year. Long enough to get comfortable with having a Mac. LOL.

I tried to upgrade from 10.7.4 to 10.7.5 and that went all to hell. Suddenly I couldn't boot from my hard drives anymore. My USB boot key would stop working intermittently as well.

I've "refreshed" the USB with a clean install from Unibeast/Lion Original USB key.

Try booting without a GPU and see if you can boot using Intel HD 3000 Graphics first to rule out a problem with the graphics card.

Small progress.

I've torn everything off my system except my Apple Aluminum USB keyboard, Logitech Trackball, and Ethernet.

10.7.5 DOES NOT LIKE this system. Every time I upgrade it hangs on boot with a Circle Slash NO symbol.
Any idea where I can get a 10.7.4 update as a separate download.

Do I need the DSDT with Lion if I'm using UEFI?

I am up with Ethernet but no sound. WiFi also appear to work thanks to my getting a real Apple card.

At some point I'm going to want my graphic card back. Without my GeForce GT 220 it's pointless to use this system.
I also have a IOgear USB 4.0 dongle that kind of started this whole thing.

If you are using UEFI you don't need DSDT (you just need if you want HDMI audio).

Follow that guide for your bios setup (don't forget to load default options first - F7 key)
http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

On multibeast just check:
UserDSDT or DSDT free installation
Audio - Realtek - Without DSDT - ALC889
Ethernet - lnx2mac

If you want to use geforce gpu try boot with PCIRootUID=0 or GraphicsEnabler=No

About Circle Slash NO symbol - Use another USB drive! I had the same problem on z68xp (the same usb drive work on F10 bios but didn't work on UEFI bios, crazy but true)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back