Gigabyte gtx460oc
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello!
I have installed OS X Mountain Lion about 2 years ago and now I can not install either Mavericks nor Yosemite.
Afer finishing with the logo at start up, my displays go full black and I can not see what is happening.
This particular problem occurred since Mavericks.
I have tried all boot flags and still not entering installation.

You have to eliminate various issues
1. What firmware? are you UEFI?
2. Did you remove the video card and boot with internal intel graphics?

When I upgraded I kept mavericks drive and installed yosemite on new drive that way if i had issues like this i could troubleshoot from mavericks with the other drive installed

when I first tried yosemite i couldn't get any video until i upgrade the uefi bios to the beta firmware

My mobo does not have a dvi or vga port on it to use the integrated graphics.
I ve tried other graphics cards and still the same problem.

I do not have UEFI BIOS, I have the last BIOS version, F13

either upgrade the bios or run a boot drive with mavericks so you can troubleshoot the yosemite install
Can you get through the logo on the boot disk? when i was troubleshooting i had two boot drives and made a usb install disk with unibeast and one with clover to track down the problems

Like I ve said, Mavericks won t work, only Mountain Lion works, Mav and Yos have the same error: won t let me get through the apple logo and my monitor goes to sleep.
As for the BIOS, UEFI won t work on my mobo.

Any thoughts? Anyone?

Any thoughts? Anyone?

Try using the onboard HD3000 graphics instead of the GTX 460 OC. You should also try using the GPU with GraphicsEnabler=Yes from the boot screen.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/116220-do-i-need-graphicsenabler-injection-not.html

The nVidia 4** and 5** series have been very problematic especially with Mavericks and Yosemite. Anything higher than a GT520 or GT430 and above have been giving users real issues - its like the cards don't have native support.

Hello!
I have installed OS X Mountain Lion about 2 years ago and now I can not install either Mavericks nor Yosemite.
Afer finishing with the logo at start up, my displays go full black and I can not see what is happening.
This particular problem occurred since Mavericks.
I have tried all boot flags and still not entering installation.
GTX460 is not fully supported in OS X.
Since the board and CPU have no integrated graphics, you can try and use boot flags

-v -x nv_disable=1

or you can get a fully supported GPU.

Do not forget to install the "Fermi" drivers for your GPU before you reboot after running MultiBeast - otherwise you will always need the nvidia disabled and safe mode to be able to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back