Contribute
Register

Help... GA-H77N-Wifi will not install Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am having the exact same problem. except i'm using the integrated hd 4000.
any progress on this?

h77n-wifi
i5 3475s
corsair vengeance 16gb
sandisk extreme ssd 120gb

Same situation here! I get;
panic (cpu 0 caller) Error.

have you tried disabling VT-d in the bios? worked for me.
Intel virtualization is disabled. I also tried switching ram to 4gb 1333ghz. Bios settings were changed to optimized defaults. I have used the usb drive to install ML on another system without a hitch so it's good. Bios is F2, the latest I can get without going F3 (beta). Board and processor are good as windows 8 installed on another drive with no issues. Starting with only the unformatted hard drive connected. I'm stumped! o_O Cross posting this to a new thread as well so I don't hijack this one.

Tekkboi, try setting XHCI=AUTO and Preboot XHCI=Enabled, EHCI=Enabled and drives to AHCI. The XHCI setting should solve the problem (I think) with your USB ports being detected...
Also disable LimitCPUID.

Tekkboi, try setting XHCI=AUTO and Preboot XHCI=Enabled, EHCI=Enabled and drives to AHCI. The XHCI setting should solve the problem (I think) with your USB ports being detected...
Also disable LimitCPUID.
All are checked. The panic seems to happen with NullCPUPowerManagement but I can't google the fix.
Here is the panic message.

panic(cpu 0 caller oxfffff80002aaaaa): "Should be 8 Threads but only found 9 for Die 0"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-2050.18.24.osfmk/i386/cpu_threads.c:1095

I am using a Pico PSU160 but I dont think that is the cause.

ANY help would be appreciated right now as I am ready to chunk 900 dollars worth of hardware out the window. :(

Finally fixed the issue with a clean install and was able to safe boot into Mountain Lion. Had to boot with Unibeast USB and use XMove for the install. Now to see if I can get through Multibeast.

Go to BIOS to the BIOS Features page. Find the setting for "VT-d" and set it to "Disabled"

Thanks to fix my problem, I thought I had the display problem but it's not!

Thanks for your information!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back