MSI Laptop
CPU
Intel i3-4005u 1.7ghz
Graphics
Intel HD 4400 ,1366x768
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Hi!!

After a month or so reading and trying to get a mackintosh build out of my system , I have now a working system for my Dell 3542 with 10.13.6.

I'm quite pleased with the performance , but I want your opinion and help to get the most out of it.

Here is my specs:

CPU : Intel i3-4005u , 1.7ghz
GPU : Intel HD 4400
RAM : 8gb
Network : Broadcom BCM94352HMB

As I said , things working well but still have some issues :

1) New version of macs video coverter pro (videoproc) shows no hevc acceleration. Also, quicktime player doesn't open hevc video files (just audio).

2) Battery percentage isn't working (have to uncheck and then recheck show percentage to show actual status). This resolves if I use abm_firstpolldelay=16000.

Apart from these , I want to make sure that video and power management works as they should.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 68
  • debug_18990.zip
    757.8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Anyone can help me , please ?

1) New version of macs video coverter pro (videoproc) shows no hevc acceleration. Also, quicktime player doesn't open hevc video files (just audio).

Are your HEVC files DRM protected?
You might look into Shiki.kext.

2) Battery percentage isn't working (have to uncheck and then recheck show percentage to show actual status). This resolves if I use abm_firstpolldelay=16000.

Not surprising with Intel SSD.
Install a different SSD (Samsung for example).
Or continue to use the longer delay.

edit : continue from here : [Guide] Native Power Management for Laptops

@RehabMan ,
Do you see anything that needs optimisation ?
Can you take look at my clover/kext folder and config.plist , to see if something needs changing ?
Thank you again for your work and patience.

Attachments

• macbook-pro-zip.344070.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 40
edit : continue from here : [Guide] Native Power Management for Laptops

@RehabMan ,
Do you see anything that needs optimisation ?
Can you take look at my clover/kext folder and config.plist , to see if something needs changing ?
Thank you again for your work and patience.

Comments:
- I would use MacBookPro11,1
- USB configuration not done
- not sure why IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext is patched
- ACPI hotpatch might be something you should consider

- done
- do I need to inject usbinjectall.kext ?
- it's for enabling trim on ssd
- too difficult for me. I understand that you want us to learn rather to provide us with an easy answer , but can you make an exception ? Can you do that for me? Really tried and tired to get my system good to go , and I think I'm too close. Just a little help.

Thank you anyway.

- done
- do I need to inject usbinjectall.kext ?
- it's for enabling trim on ssd
- too difficult for me. I understand that you want us to learn rather to provide us with an easy answer , but can you make an exception ? Can you do that for me? Really tried and tired to get my system good to go , and I think I'm too close. Just a little help.

Thank you anyway.

For correct USB configuration, see related guides linked by the FAQ.
TRIM not recommended... plus it can easily be enabled with a config.plist KextsToPatch entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back