Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87M D3H
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 780
Good Evening

I am new to the hackintosh scene and I would like to install mac osx on my gaming system.

specs below:

gigabyte z97mx gaming 5
i5 4670k stock clock
asus gtx 780 acx cooler
8gb ram
windows 8.1 running on a 256 ssd
maverick installed on 2tb drive ( will by another ssd if I can get it to work)
mac osx 10.9.4 (used my girlfriends new macbook to make installer)

I have mac osx 10.9.4 installed and have networking working but can't boot without usb and dosent show the 780 and graphics on the 4600 are not use able.
if its the chipset of the motherboard I will just by another board if needed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jamie

To resolve your first issue, you need to have a bootloader installed on the HDD. Otherwise, you will have to use the USB stick to boot. Once you get the bootloader installed, then search in this forum for alternate nVidia Drivers for OSX 10.9.4. Install those along with the most recent CUDA drivers. You will also have to flag the bootloader with GraphicsEnabler=No. Ifthe MOBO has built in graphics, you will need to also flag IGPEnabler=No. If the display resolution is too low and the Displays panel doesn't show an optimal rez for your monitor, grab SwitchResX.

I recently got OSX 10.9.4 successfully installed and all I did was read through different forums. The info and tools are out there, just gotta look for it.

My system:

CPU Intel I7 950
MOBO: ASUS GENE III
VCARD: GTX 650 TI
RAM: 8GB
HDD: 2x 640GB SATA II's (Win8.1 on one and OSX 10.9.4 on the other)

My PC may be dated, but it can still keep up with current games!

To resolve your first issue, you need to have a bootloader installed on the HDD. Otherwise, you will have to use the USB stick to boot. Once you get the bootloader installed, then search in this forum for alternate nVidia Drivers for OSX 10.9.4. Install those along with the most recent CUDA drivers. You will also have to flag the bootloader with GraphicsEnabler=No. Ifthe MOBO has built in graphics, you will need to also flag IGPEnabler=No. If the display resolution is too low and the Displays panel doesn't show an optimal rez for your monitor, grab SwitchResX.

I recently got OSX 10.9.4 successfully installed and all I did was read through different forums. The info and tools are out there, just gotta look for it.

My system:

CPU Intel I7 950
MOBO: ASUS GENE III
VCARD: GTX 650 TI
RAM: 8GB
HDD: 2x 640GB SATA II's (Win8.1 on one and OSX 10.9.4 on the other)

My PC may be dated, but it can still keep up with current games!

Ye I have tired what you have said and it boots from the drive with -x then when you add the drivers from mulitbeast, it messes the whole thing up
I think I will just get a different board as z97 is very new and not much on the forms regarding it.

Thanks for your help though but been trying with it all day and same problems over and over again.
They nvidia drivers also install then dont work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back