i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone!

Well, I decided to build my first hackintosh but im really lost of what i have to do and buy! i´ve been reading a lot but i´m always get confused with the different information that i find.

My intention is build a system that can run Windows and MacOs (Mojave if posible). I work on mac but also i like gaming on windows. I often use 3D designs programs for my work that i use in MacOs or Windows depending of the compatibility.

Well... for my build i have some things clear like:
CONFUSED IN:

1. The more i get confused is with my graphic card. What should i buy for the things i want to do? i Obviously want to run my games in high.
  2. I know that i need coolers too but i dont know how many i need and whats the difference between them.
  3. Power supply?¿?¿
  4. Wifi and bluetooth?¿?¿
  5. Things that maybe i forgot that are important?¿ (RAM i dont care too much, but recomendations are welcome too )
Thanks everyone for read and help me!

Last edited:
1. GPU depends on your needs. If you want Mojave then Nvidia is not recommended since drivers are not available. You can go with High Sierra. Also it depends on what software you run. Vega cards are compatible with Mojave along with some RX 580, 570, 560. See the Buyers Guide for info on the AMD cards.

2. When it comes to CPU coolers if you plan on Overclocking your CPU then go with liquid cooling. Go to the Forums and look at User Builds or Golden Builds to see which Coolers have been used.

3. PSU are a bit Universal. If you are planning on getting a high end card go with 550W or 600W Bronze or Gold Rated.

4. If you want WiFi/ BT then you can go with something like this:
New Listing1300M Wifi Desktop Wireless Adapter BCM94360 BT4.0 For Mac OS Hackintosh Windows
You can plug in to PCIe 1x and should work OOB.

See this as well:
Fenvi FV-T919 Wifi/BT card At Newegg.com for $54.99

5. Check if your Motherboard supports the RAM you buy. If you plan on Dual Booting I would recommend you go with 2 separate hard drives for the OS. 1SSD for OS X, 1SSD for Windows.

Hope this info helps and someone with more knowledge chimes in.

1. GPU depends on your needs. If you want Mojave then Nvidia is not recommended since drivers are not available. You can go with High Sierra. Also it depends on what software you run. Vega cards are compatible with Mojave along with some RX 580, 570, 560. See the Buyers Guide for info on the AMD cards.

2. When it comes to CPU coolers if you plan on Overclocking your CPU then go with liquid cooling. Go to the Forums and look at User Builds or Golden Builds to see which Coolers have been used.

3. PSU are a bit Universal. If you are planning on getting a high end card go with 550W or 600W Bronze or Gold Rated.

4. If you want WiFi/ BT then you can go with something like this:
New Listing1300M Wifi Desktop Wireless Adapter BCM94360 BT4.0 For Mac OS Hackintosh Windows
You can plug in to PCIe 1x and should work OOB.

See this as well:
Fenvi FV-T919 Wifi/BT card At Newegg.com for $54.99

5. Check if your Motherboard supports the RAM you buy. If you plan on Dual Booting I would recommend you go with 2 separate hard drives for the OS. 1SSD for OS X, 1SSD for Windows.

Hope this info helps and someone with more knowledge chimes in.

Thanks a lot for your answer aztlan78!

I saw some vega cards running mojave, so if this is the best option for majvae i will see better!
The two ssd maybe is better idea! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back