Contribute
Register

Help Finishing Mountain Lion Install Gigabyte B75M-D3P, Intel G530, nVidia GT640

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HTPC
CPU
Intel G530
Graphics
XFX Double D GT640
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Help With Audio On Mountain Lion Install Gigabyte B75M-D3P, Intel G530, nVidia GT640

Hey all,

I've been doing quite well with the guides that I've found here and I want to thank everyone who has participated here for making this such an easy update (as compared to my last SL Hack). And here comes the but... But I just need a little help getting the last few things in place to get my HTPC Hackintosh to go! First off, I'll expound a bit on my specs:

CPU - Intel G530 @2.4GHz
Mobo - Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P
RAM - 8GB (2x4GB G.Skill 10666)
GPU - XFX Double D GT640
HDD - Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB

Case - Silverstone Milo ML03B
PSU - Silverstone Strider 400W 80+ (a bit overkill, I know, I know)

And now I'll detail, as best I can remember, what I've done so far. I purchased ML on my MBP and created the USB using the ML Unibeast app. I was able to install ML successfully on my second attempt (the first time it seemed to hang on something, but trying again fixed whatever the issue was). I can boot into the desktop using the Unibeast USB with full QE/CI, audio, ethernet, etc. But after running Multibeast and installing the Realtek Gigabit driver, Realtek ALC887, and Chimera, rebooting the system hangs at the Apple screen with the spinning gear. I assume it's the same version of the drivers I used by Unibeast to get me up and running to the desktop, so I don't understand why I'm not able to boot into Mountain Lion (outside of Safe Mode).
It just seems odd to me that when I boot from the Unibeast USB, I have no issues. I just imagine I'm missing something, but I can't quite figure it out. I've searched a bit, but maybe I'm not looking for the right thing. When I get home I'll boot with the verbose flag and see where everything actually hangs. I believe before it was while loading something for Bluetooth (which I don't have installed), but I read somewhere else (seemed like a site that was sketchy as it was related to pirated versions of ML) that it could be the graphics card. They suggested using PCIRootID=0 and GraphicsEnabler=No and a couple other things, but to no avail. I'm hoping that some of the Brilliant Minds here at tonymacx86 can help to point me in the right direction.
I hope that this can be used by others in the future who are using this same board. Thank you all for reading!

Okay, so the line that everything hung on was

Code:
[[I]IOBluetoothHCIController[/I]][start] -- completed

What I ended up doing, was copying the /Extra file from the Unibeast USB to the /Extra folder on the internal HDD, and everything is good to go now, except audio. I installed (via the latest Multi-Beast) the modified AppleHDA.kext for Realtek's ALC887 audio codec to S/L/E and rebooted (I've done this several times now) and I can see the different audio interfaces in System Preferences -> Sound, but no matter which input I select (there are two, one for the front and one for the rear) I cannot get sound. Ironically AirPlay works, but it will never work for video because there is a huge delay while piping the audio to AirPlay speakers.

Alright, I've been doodling around with settings and some other stuff and stumbled upon using the Built-In Audio (which on my Macs usually means internal speakers, not Line-Out). If I click on the Built-In Audio I get sound! Good grief... Well, hopefully someone can learn from my mistakes!

Happy Hacking!

OK I have the same motherboard B75M-D3P and had the same Won't boot on the HDD. Copying the Extra folder from the USB to the root of the HDD worked. Thanks so much. I did not install Multibeast completly I only selected Audio Realtec ALC-887 Current and Chimera Boot Loader. Boot Audio, Video and Lan all work.

Thanks so much for your post. Marv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back