Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS
CPU
Core I7
Graphics
Glasses
Hi there,

For boring reasons I need to upgrade my OS 10.8.5 Hackintosh to OS 10.9, which I'm going to do on a separate drive.

I can't for the life of me find the Install OS X Mavericks application. I have never download it from the App store so I can't get it that way.

Is anyone able to help me out with a download link?

Thank you in advance!

Mavericks isn't available for purchase or download from Apple. If you never downloaded it for free back in 2013/14, you won't be able to get it from Apple. It's kind of in limbo with them. We don't support downloading copies illegally from other places on the internet. Getting it anywhere other than from Apple is considered software piracy.

If you can upgrade to Yosemite you can still download that for free.
Just Google it and find the page on Apple's site. It's in a DMG form. You can upgrade to it from Mt. Lion.

It should look like this on Support.apple.com

Screen Shot 2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all, I have a similar issue. I have had downloaded and installed Mavericks on a USB but lost is somewhere formatting. I downloaded it again but my PC which was running Mavericks before quite well does not see/read the USB stick anymore. Which file must be present on the USB stick? Does anybody can tell me so I can check? I used unibeast with my installer file but after starting up my PC and showing the apple logo after a few moments installation stops.

Hi all, I have a similar issue. I have had downloaded and installed Mavericks on a USB but lost is somewhere formatting. I downloaded it again but my PC which was running Mavericks before quite well does not see/read the USB stick anymore. Which file must be present on the USB stick? Does anybody can tell me so I can check? I used unibeast with my installer file but after starting up my PC and showing the apple logo after a few moments installation stops.
Hit the space bar once and select verbose then reboot and take a picture of the error.

Hi Gigamaxx, thanks for your replay but after stopping installation the screen turns on black

Hi Gigamaxx, thanks for your replay but after stopping installation the screen turns on black
Take a video of the verbose boot. Stop the video and take a screenshot of the last section of the KP.

Hi trs96,
see attached screenshot.

Attachments

• IMG_1179.JPG
    IMG_1179.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 123
I started installing using the -v and the lines rolling over the screen ending with the screenshot and then the screen is turning on black. Regarding to the NTSF is I have a OSX partition and a NTSF partition for windows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back