Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Custom modified Z370
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
well 12 hrs into this and i need sleep but i would love some guidance, I have a gigabyte z270 k3 board with kabylake 7700 cpu 16gb dual channel dd4 ram and i just cannot make a bootable usb. I have tried following at least 3-4 tutorials and i always come up with some roadblock, usual one being it just keeps rebooting before loading installer after clover...never seen the installer yet. I have both sierra and high sierra apps so i can use either, sierra seemed the easier one with the afps / hfs debate but i tried both and got the same problem.

could someone please point me in the right direction, as of tomorrow ill need to go back to imac or install windows and id prefer not to do any of them :( thanks for all the great resources, part of the problems i found with tutorials were that there were often presumptions you knew a certain amount of things, where i am not new to building computers i am to installing mac on one

thanks again

well 12 hrs into this and i need sleep but i would love some guidance, I have a gigabyte z270 k3 board with kabylake 7700 cpu 16gb dual channel dd4 ram and i just cannot make a bootable usb. I have tried following at least 3-4 tutorials and i always come up with some roadblock, usual one being it just keeps rebooting before loading installer after clover...never seen the installer yet. I have both sierra and high sierra apps so i can use either, sierra seemed the easier one with the afps / hfs debate but i tried both and got the same problem.

could someone please point me in the right direction, as of tomorrow ill need to go back to imac or install windows and id prefer not to do any of them :( thanks for all the great resources, part of the problems i found with tutorials were that there were often presumptions you knew a certain amount of things, where i am not new to building computers i am to installing mac on one

thanks again
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-high-sierra-on-asus-z-170-rx-vega-64.234493/#post-1604558

Follow this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.225520/
Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen if/when it stops.
this one didnt work failed after the install just kept restarting - it boots back into clover and then shows options of where to go next the options are as follows

ive done it twice now btw same outcome

External - same option I had before I installed the OS
Internal_hfs boot filevault prebooter from preboot
Internal_hfs Boot MacOS Prebooter from Preboot
Internal_hfs Boot MacOS from Sierra (the ssd)
Recovery Boot Recovery from Recovery

i can get to the recovery, i can reinstall, but when i load from the ssd it just goes through the screen then restarts each time back to same place

Last edited:
this one didnt work failed after the install just kept restarting - it boots back into clover and then shows options of where to go next the options are as follows

i can get to the recovery, i can reinstall, but when i load from the ssd it just goes through the screen then restarts each time back to same place

Moderator P1LGRIM's advice is VERY CLEAR in the reply posted earlier.
Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen if/when it stops.

Your response to that very correct advice are:

Is your response to the Moderator's helpful advice appropriate?
Where is the Picture of Boot screen showing the problem?

it boots back into clover and then shows options of where to go next the options are as follows
When you are at the boot menu, press 'o' for options. Select 'boot arguments' and press enter to edit them. Put a space after anything that's there, and add the following
debug=0x100 -v
Press enter to save, select return to go back to the boot menu. When you boot you will see console output. Post photos.

thanks, ive got another install up and running now thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back