CPU
Intel Core i7 6700HQ
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 960m + Intel HD 530
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi

I've followed with major success the OpenCore guide on their site but i have many difficult to finalize the setup with appropriate kexts ecc...

What's doesn't work?

- Audio and Microphone Solved by injecting layout id = 14 through device properties in config.plist
- Wecam (macOS see only "intel real sense front" which shows black feed )
- Card Reader
- Battery %
- stop mode doesn't work (wake immediately)
- Doesn't shutdown properly
- TouchPad Gesture, includes scrolling (still slow scrolling speed)
- HDMI due to dGPU off from BIOS (i don't care about this)

I've attached my EFI (audio, mic, touchpad fix, SSDT patches now included) folder if can help

Wifi i've already know that this module isn't supported, i'm using an usb dongle that includes it (EzCast 5200)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 240
Last edited:
I've read thread about similar laptop with no result, probably i need help about DSDT/SSDT patching

Update with audio and mic fix

For laptop it's better to use Clover, because laptops need much more patches than PC. It's very difficult with Opencore
For battery install SMCBatteryManager.kext(which was with virtualsmc), also install SMCLightSensor.kext
Delete voodooinput.kext and touchpad will work normally.
For sleep mode you need to make some ssdt, by opencore's guides.
Card reader will not work, with webcam it's the same, if it's not working than it's not working
In my case shutdown is not working if there is 2 ssd installed in laptop, if it's only one shutdown is working
In this laptop HDMI is connected to Intel, so it must work if setting are correct.

For Audio and Gpu better to write deviceproperties

For laptop it's better to use Clover, because laptops need much more patches than PC. It's very difficult with Opencore
For battery install SMCBatteryManager.kext(which was with virtualsmc), also install SMCLightSensor.kext
Delete voodooinput.kext and touchpad will work normally.
For sleep mode you need to make some ssdt, by opencore's guides.
Card reader will not work, with webcam it's the same, if it's not working than it's not working
In my case shutdown is not working if there is 2 ssd installed in laptop, if it's only one shutdown is working
In this laptop HDMI is connected to Intel, so it must work if setting are correct.

For Audio and Gpu better to write deviceproperties
Thanks for reply!

I've already tried with SMCBatteryManager.kext with no result, maybe due to the need of make ssdt which i'm trying to learn to do right now following openCore website guide.
Now i have an ssd installed and an hdd that i use for data, i don't know if this interfere with shutdown.
With HDMI i don't know how to proceed to resolve, how can i see if settings are incorrect?

EDIT: delete voodoo related input kext ad use appleps2 instead, gesture problem solved but very slow scrolling speed

Last edited:
here is about DeviceProperties

Appleps2 - must have some settings inside kext, find original theme of your kext, maybe there will be some instructions

here is about DeviceProperties

Appleps2 - must have some settings inside kext, find original theme of your kext, maybe there will be some instructions

I've took appleps2touchpad from your efi folder in your post if i recall correctly, maybe even this problem need dsdt patches

I'll try with dsdt patch in following days, probably during weekend

EDIT: Made DSDT patch with no improvements and audio permanent fix

Last edited:
HI, i install with your config but my keyboard isn't recogniced and can't use the @ :S
Edit: is working but strange. The option is the windows key and the delete key too slow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back