Contribute
Register

Help! FCP X Crashing on High Sierra/Sierra with my RX 580.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z170 Gaming 3
CPU
Intel 6700k
Graphics
XFX AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB
So I bought a XFX AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB from Best Buy.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/xfx-am...0-graphics-card-black/6092641.p?skuId=6092641

I did a clean install of High Sierra, I got FCP X downloaded from the Store and when I try to import, make a new library or project it crashes. So I thought this might be a High Sierra issue so since its my workstation and I need something up and running I restored and went back to Sierra, I installed the Lilu and the needed kexts and it does the same thing. So I'm wondering if theres a problem with my card, is it not compatible? So if thats the case I can simply return it an get another card. my specs are below if that helps, I don't know what else the issue could be thanks!

MoBo: GIGABYTE GA-Z170 Gaming 3
CPU: Intel 6700k 4.0GHz (Overclocked to 4.4GHz)
GPU: XFX AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB
RAM 16 GB 2133MHz
SSD: SandDisk 240GB SSD

As i'm doing research i'm reading and coming to thinking that it could be a hardware acceleration issue, I tried using intel 530 graphics and opened up Final Cut Pro X like a charm, so its definitely not the build just the GPU thats not working correctly, if anybody has a fix to this issue let me know if not can you give specific RX 580 thats known to work with 10.12.6/10.13.x so I can quickly return this one for a working one.

well I figured it out and it was under my nose I just followed these steps and now its working amazing, just tried the BruceX benchmark and man is it working!!!!

1. Open config.plist in Clover Configurator
  2. Click Graphics on the left-side Column
  3. Type 0x59120003 in the ig-platform-id box
  4. Save config.plist

you can try to turn off Intel 530(PCIE only) on BIOS.then should be fix that.

well I figured it out and it was under my nose I just followed these steps and now its working amazing, just tried the BruceX benchmark and man is it working!!!!

4. Save config.plist

Congrats on getting it to work!

I moved onto a 1060 6GB solely because of this issue.

4. Save config.plist

Would you mind sharing your config.plist? I'm running into this issue but changing the platform id isn't fixing it for me so I must be missing something :(
Also we have virtually the same build so I think it might be of help! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back