Contribute
Register

[HELP] enable amd R7 260x in Sierra 10.12.6 / High Sierra ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Strix Z270E
CPU
i7 7700K
Graphics
Sapphire R7 260x
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
R7 260x GPU in Sierra 10.12.6 / in any version of High Sierra ?

I have this i7 7700K and asus rog z270e in my rig; So I can install Sierra/High Sierra on it using intel hd630 graphics,

but I want to make use of the only gpu i have right now which is Sapphire R7 260x. And I dont know how to get it started in 10.12.6 / newer macOS?

Please let mw know if anybody can help!?

thanks BreBo, but this post only tell little info about r7 260x.
according to this post, R7 260x's driver is AMD8000Controller.kext and Framebuffer is none.
So its not helping me get this card working.

but First very basic question i have is if R7 260x can be used in 10.12.6 ?
if i can get full acceleration in 10.12.6 with R7 260x ?
if yes ! How?

thanks BreBo, but this post only tell little info about r7 260x.
according to this post, R7 260x's driver is AMD8000Controller.kext and Framebuffer is none.
So its not helping me get this card working.

but First very basic question i have is if R7 260x can be used in 10.12.6 ?
if i can get full acceleration in 10.12.6 with R7 260x ?
if yes ! How?
  • OOB = No means (unless otherwise stated) you'll have to spoof or add the device ID to enable support

Additionally you'll need a helper GPU (e.g. iGPU), otherwise you'll boot to black screen.

IMO the R7 260X isn't worth the trouble. It can be enabled, but I'd dump it for a more compatible one.
Thanks Fl0r!an but I just built this new rig with i7 n rog z270 board n all, and my budget dint get me new GPU right now So this is the only option I have for couple of months at least.

Happy to know your confirmation that this card can be enabled :)
And I think i can use my z270's hd630 as helper but I dont have knowledge of how to do that, i am fairly new to hackintosh world and got confused reading different guides :banghead:.
Can you or anybody help me with it, I want to enable R7 260x here:idea::wave:.

Thanks in advance

Configure Clover as described in section 4 of the Radeon guide (be sure to use correct FakeID: 0x665C1002). To prevent the "boot to black screen" issue, configure your iGPU as primary graphics device.

Good luck!

Tried that, not working, I see
>System Reports > Display >
>Device ID = 0x6658
>Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

any clue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back