Contribute
Register

[HELP] EFI Strings - not making any difference (ML z68 UEFI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Vision D
CPU
i9 10850K
Graphics
Nvidia GT 710
wow - so I have been making changes in the wrong file (not com.apple.... should have been in the org.cheme...... under extra)
either way still no luck but I can tell its making a difference - I have attached the org.chemilieon plist - could someone please take a look and help me out
I have read so much stuff that at this point I dont think I can get any further without help - please help

thanks

orig post: I have been attempting to get dual graphics cards (identical geforce 9600GT) working in 10.8.2 - with depressing results... ha
It seems that its still not reading the string inserted to the com.apple.boot.plist (there is never a change in system profiler and it still KP's on boot with both cards in

I have attached my Plist's, extensions, com.apple.boot.com, etc...... files

I have followed a few guides, all based on aquamacs method - no success - I believe something is telling it not to read the string (checked for NVKush and NVenabler kexts - dont have em)
I created the efi strings from osx86tools (couldnt find them online anywere - aquamac links dont work)
also I noticed aquamac shows the ram value as "000000020" where all the plist's that are posted as successfull are "200000000" - hmmmmm?

my setup:
GA-z68ma-d2h-b3 (UEFI bios)
i5 sandy bridge
8gb ram
Geforce 9600GT 512MB

really cant afford another vid card for triple monitors as that is what I need this for

thanks

Attachments

• ML extenstions.tiff
    606.3 KB · Views: 136
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    3.1 KB · Views: 221
[HELP] EFI Strings - Almost there

ok I've had limited success
I have been able to boot and both cards show in system info with correct info (and ram value)
but one screen (from peg1 vid card) is always black (when desktop loads) - I can see the mouse but nothing else even if I drag a dialog box from the other monitor it doesnt show - just the mouse arrow

Ive tried parent child changes and setting the pciroot to 0x1 and 0x0 - and both at 0x0 - ; Primary video set to PEG (in UEFI) and set primary peg to PEG12 (which I believe is peg2) - but the mobo always defualts back to primary peg to auto if I set it to PEG12 - when set to PEG11 (PEG1??) it wont boot at all

could someone with a working simular set up please upload your org.chameleon.boot.plist and the original .plist you used to create your hex string
thus far the .plist I have found online have gotten me closer but no cigar yet

thanks

[HELP] EFI Strings - dual graphics - almost there

Ive gotten consistent boot (splash screen is on peg1 but desktop is peg2) but have no signal to peg1 monitor after boot - peg2 monitor works fine
I have attached my plist's

ga-z68ma-ub2h-b3- UEFI- i5 - 9600 GT's - 10.8.2

please help - thanks

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    4.4 KB · Views: 218
  • in.plist
    2.7 KB · Views: 213
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back