Nvidia 450 GTS
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys,

I had couple of posts and have been reading lots, but I can't figure a final answer anywhere.
I just got a 2nd 30" screen, and my current graphic card doesn't run it. ( Black screen via HDMI ) I tried to find a solution but no luck.

Anyone can suggest a graphic card that has dual DVI w/DDR5 and actually works with 10.6.6?!

PLEASE Help.

Thanks so much

Tony sugggested PNY GTS450 but in Vancouver I could only find eVGA GTS450 which I 'm not sure if it works or not...

Let me know!

Can confirm that I had succes with 2 MSI 460GTX cards and dual dvi (native and via hdmi). 8800GT was a complete disaster. Hope this helps.

i just put in a evga gts450 (the pfb one), and can confirm that both dvi are working fine. i have two monitors and they are both set to 1920x1200 ok.

i'm having issues with trying to rotate the desktop it sounds like both your monitors are in landscape mode so you won't have this problem.

keep in mind that all the nvidia fermi cards seem to have issues with random lockups.

On my GA-EX58-UD5 the EVGA 512-P3-N973-TR GeForce 9800 GT 512 MB drives two DVI monitors - but it's GDDR3.

All of these cards will run dual monitors:
Gtx- 240, 260, 280, 285, 470, 480

Ati 5770

I have tested all of them with dual monitors. Full resolution.

rabbit.

Thanks a lot guys. I think I'm gonna give the MSI GTX 460 a try tomorrow morning.
Rabit: do you have to do anything difficult to get them dual monitor working, or you just followed the tony's installation on 4xx series. Do you have any random freezes?

jb044: Do you get any freezes, and did you just follow the instructions for installing it?

Thanks a bunch

Too early to tell, there were problems (completely unrelated to OSX) so the cards are in RMA right now. Hopefully I receive new ones somewhere this week.

Did not follow up on the tmac howto since I have 2 cards and GE=Yes don't work. Just good old DSDT edits. Had 2 lockups so far, once during some scientific CUDA bench and once after returing to my pc after leaving it to itself for 1 hour or so. Total time 15 hours or so.

When I get my new cards I want to test something: running Boinc in the background to get a constant load going and use all those cycles for something good. I mean I strongly get the impression from the Fermi lockup thread over here that all of this may as well be related to CPU throttling and not GPU load. With 2 cards, one of them is constantly running at the lowest possible powerlevel (50Mhz). Doesn't seem that I'm getting more lockups though, even looks below average from what I've read on this so far.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back