CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Sapphire Pulse RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My DisplayPort issue makes no sense to me!

DVI out works fine (on my old monitor)
DP out to DP always black screen (at boot, at clover, and at login)
DP out via adapter to my old DVI works fine.

Is the problem with the port on my monitor?
Or, is it maybe some framebuffer fixing that I need to do?

My rx580 is new (bought in March), so it might be one of those with a non-supported product numbers. I can't be sure since it has no sticker on it with the product number.

Any ideas what I can try to fix it?

Last edited:
Hey @Stork I followed your solutions for your Hero II build, and tried the Orinoco injection you mentioned (among many other things), but my screen remains black. I'm at a loss as to what to try, because the older solutions become outdated with the latest updates (to Lilu, WEG, the OS itself).

I'm wondering, if you can suggest anything that I can try to fix my black screen issue, with one of the latest vanilla setups (10.14.5) and the latest Lilu+WEG? Many thanks!

I'm wondering, if you can suggest anything that I can try to fix my black screen issue, with one of the latest vanilla setups (10.14.5) and the latest Lilu+WEG? Many thanks!
I'm not a "vanilla" advocate because UniBeast & MultiBeast just work for me. Maybe @pastrychef can jump in with a solution.

:( He was, before I narrowed the issue down (or did i? lol).

I had a whole bunch of kexts from my old MultiBeast installation. I only discovered the problem last week that I bought a new 4k with a DP connection. Since I had Shiva and the latest WEG it was a mess, so I just did a vanilla install.

Let me come to it from another angle... is there any way to check if my display port on my monitor works? I mean, I don't see anything at boot (dp -> dp) and I can't check by connecting a thunderbolt out to hdmi to dp to check it, because hdmi to dp doesn't work (if I understood other forum posts correctly dp/hdmi are not bi-directional).

Maybe it's just my monitor that has a faulty port, and I need to ship it back to amazon...
Or maybe it's product number or framebuffer issue? Do you know how I might check?

it does not matter you use *Beast or vanilla, they all result an EFI folder in your EFI partition. Upload your EFI, let's see what's going on. Few questions though:

1. do you get BIOS post information via DP when you cold boot your PC? if not, try to reset BIOS (take out the battery, put it back after 60 seconds), boot again to see if you see BIOS post information. if you don't see it, then it's a hardware issue(broken DP cable, faulty 4k monitor).
2. have you tried connecting your RX 580 to your new 4k monitor via HDMI?

Please find attached the EFI folder, bootlog, and DPCImanager info. I want to hold off on the hard reset as long as possible, because I have a couple profiles saved there. If you catch nothing out of place in the attached EFI, then of course I'll give the reset a go.
via HDMI I get the purple tint (which as I understand it, needs to be corrected with by using the force RGB script... I'd rather get DP working, to output the 4k in 60hz).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-06-15 at 22.03.59.png
    Screenshot 2019-06-15 at 22.03.59.png
    279.9 KB · Views: 196
  • Screenshot 2019-06-15 at 22.04.21.png
    Screenshot 2019-06-15 at 22.04.21.png
    105.9 KB · Views: 209
  • EFI.zip
    16 MB · Views: 179
  • bootlog.txt
    28.5 KB · Views: 130
Please find attached the EFI folder, bootlog, and DPCImanager info. I want to hold off on the hard reset as long as possible, because I have a couple profiles saved there. If you catch nothing out of place in the attached EFI, then of course I'll give the reset a go.
via HDMI I get the purple tint (which as I understand it, needs to be corrected with by using the force RGB script... I'd rather get DP working, to output the 4k in 60hz).

Please try this config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 187
1. Disable CFG Lock in your BIOS if you can find it.
2. use attached config.plist, fill with your SN and Board-SN

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 206
Please try this config.plist.

he does not need all those fixes in config.plist/ACPI, he has wrong usb patches (unrelated to his issue though). he set Video Ports to 5, which is not needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back