Contribute
Register

[HELP] Disable HD 7650M in DSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried them all, it's none of them, the Radeon was in the PCI list with any of them disabled and other devices were missing in the list. However, look at this, this is with all ports enabled and the Radeon too:

View attachment 81214

It seems these ports are already visible in OS X and this Xeon E3-1200 V2/3rd Gen Core processor PCI Express Root Port is very different device. And this is from lspci in Linux:

Code:
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor DRAM Controller (rev 09)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen Core processor PCI Express Root Port (rev 09)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller (rev 09)
00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB xHCI Host Controller (rev 04)
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family MEI Controller #1 (rev 04)
00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 (rev 04)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev c4)
00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 3 (rev c4)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 4 (rev c4)
00:1c.5 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 6 (rev c4)
00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 (rev 04)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation HM76 Express Chipset LPC Controller (rev 04)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series Chipset Family 6-port SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 04)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Thames [Radeon 7550M/7570M/7650M]
03:00.0 System peripheral: JMicron Technology Corp. SD/MMC Host Controller (rev 30)
03:00.2 SD Host controller: JMicron Technology Corp. Standard SD Host Controller (rev 30)
03:00.3 System peripheral: JMicron Technology Corp. MS Host Controller (rev 30)
04:00.0 Network controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR928X Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) (rev 01)
05:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 07)

So the PCI port is *NOT* coming and going depending on BIOS setting for Radeon?

It seems so.

OK, so we don't have to worry about that anymore?

What happens if you turn the Radeon back on before sleep, then back off during wake?

In DSDT, at beginning of _PTS:
Code:
External(\_SB_.PCI0.PEGP.DGFX._ON, MethodObj)
If (CondRefOf(\_SB_.PCI0.PEGP.DGFX._ON)) { \_SB_.PCI0.PEGP.DGFX._ON() }

and at end of _WAK:
Code:
External(\_SB_.PCI0.PEGP.DGFX._OFF, MethodObj)
If (CondRefOf(\_SB_.PCI0.PEGP.DGFX._OFF)) { \_SB_.PCI0.PEGP.DGFX._OFF() }

OK, so we don't have to worry about that anymore?

What happens if you turn the Radeon back on before sleep, then back off during wake?

In DSDT, at beginning of _PTS:
Code:
External(\_SB_.PCI0.PEGP.DGFX._ON, MethodObj)
If (CondRefOf(\_SB_.PCI0.PEGP.DGFX._ON)) { \_SB_.PCI0.PEGP.DGFX._ON() }

and at end of _WAK:
Code:
External(\_SB_.PCI0.PEGP.DGFX._OFF, MethodObj)
If (CondRefOf(\_SB_.PCI0.PEGP.DGFX._OFF)) { \_SB_.PCI0.PEGP.DGFX._OFF() }

That was pretty good call and it seems it works! Just tested it, with these two DSDT edits, the patched SgTabl table as SSDT-1.aml and the vanilla SgTabl table, dropped at startup by Clover, it works like a charm. I want to test it for a few days, but I think other people with Radeon graphics should test it as well.

BTW, your ACPIDebug.kext works pretty well, injected from the EFI partition.

That was pretty good call and it seems it works! Just tested it, with these two DSDT edits, the patched SgTabl table as SSDT-1.aml and the vanilla SgTabl table, dropped at startup by Clover, it works like a charm. I want to test it for a few days, but I think other people with Radeon graphics should test it as well.

BTW, your ACPIDebug.kext works pretty well, injected from the EFI partition.

Cool... added related DSDT patch for this. "Call _ON/_OFF from _PTS/_WAK (for DSDT)" in the Probook repo.

I would be glad to test the new method. What should I do beside patching the DSDT?

If you already have the SSDT patched and installed, just the DSDT patch is extra...

I would be glad to test the new method. What should I do beside patching the DSDT?

1. The most important: make sure your Radeon is enabled in BIOS.
2. Patch your current DSDT with the Call _ON/_OFF from _PTS/_WAK (for DSDT) patch (RehabMan's repo)
3. Patch your current SgTabl SSDT table with the Call _OFF from _INI (for SSDT-5) patch (RehabMan's repo)
4. Make sure you have added DropSSDT=yes in org.Chameleon.boot.plist

To find which SSDT table is SgTabl (usually SSDT-4 in MaciASL), open MaciASL and select New from ACPI, then select any SSDT and when it's loaded, at line 14 you should have OEM Table ID "SgTabl".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back