Contribute
Register

[HELP] Disable HD 7650M in DSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have patched DSDT before however how do you extract your acpi_ssdt? AIDA64 is the only way? sorry for my noobness.

Also can you compile your patched SSDT using MaciASL?

I have patched DSDT before however how do you extract your acpi_ssdt? AIDA64 is the only way? sorry for my noobness.

If you used Clover + config.plist with DropOEM = true + only 2 drop tables CPU, you can use Maciasl to get it for you. Make sure you get the correct SSDT by looking at header.

You can extract with Linux. All tables are available at: /sys/firmware/acpi/tables

FYI: I've captured these work-in-progress patches in the Probook patches repo. You can use MaciASL to apply them directly from the repo.

It will be interesting to find out if the "loop deletion" is for sure necessary and whether the whole thing works or not...

Compilation error, see screenshot attached.

Here is my acpi tables https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19583075/ACPI Tables.zip
Note that you can find SgTabl in SSDT-5.aml in 'All clean' folder.

Attachments

• sc.jpg
    sc.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 146
Use the SSDT patch I posted. I just apply it to your SSDT-5.aml and it works.

EDIT: The RehabMan patch in repo also works too.

Use the SSDT patch I posted. I just apply it to your SSDT-5.aml and it works.

EDIT: The RehabMan patch in repo also works too.

I tried both. Let me try again

EDIT: Not working. Tried with MaciASL v4 and 5 both.

I tried both. Let me try again

EDIT: Not working. Tried with MaciASL v4 and 5 both.

Maybe different MaciASL then?

Nevermind, I think you should try using original SSDT-5.aml first, only apply DSDT patch and put both DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml (for GPU) in ACPI/patched. If you have SSDT.aml for cpu already in that folder, just rename new SSDT.aml to SSDT-1.aml

If it does not work, use the SSDT.aml file I already patched for you.

If both above does not work, please post your /Library/Logs/CloverEFI/boot.log to make sure you have correct settings.

Attachments

• SSDT-1.aml.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 86
I'm using MaciASL v 1.3 for ML. Which one do you have?

Let me try putting the clean SSDT5-aml as SSDT-1 as DSDT has been successfully patched by the same MaciASL

P.S I do not use Clover Installation.

I'm using MaciASL 1.3 too. It's strange that I can apply patch (ACPI 4.0) and you don't.

Your problem is the patch:
Code:
into definitionblock code_regex External\s+\(\\_SB_\.PCI0\.GFX0\.DD02\._BCM,\s+IntObj\) replace_matched begin External(\\_SB_.PCI0.GFX0.DD02._BCM, MethodObj)
end;

You can edit by hand by changing this line from IntObj to MethodObj
Code:
External (\_SB_.PCI0.GFX0.DD02._BCM, IntObj)

Maybe different MaciASL then?

Nevermind, I think you should try using original SSDT-5.aml first, only apply DSDT patch and put both DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml (for GPU) in ACPI/patched. If you have SSDT.aml for cpu already in that folder, just rename new SSDT.aml to SSDT-1.aml

If it does not work, use the SSDT.aml file I already patched for you.

If both above does not work, please post your /Library/Logs/CloverEFI/boot.log to make sure you have correct settings.

The orignal SSDT-5.aml + Patched DSDT did not work. Btw how to tell for sure that GPU is turned off? Currently I can see no difference as I can see the card in Hardware > Graphics/Displays > Display > ATI id

Going to try your given SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back